• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new shop opening near me...

14 posts in this topic

a new comic shop is opening up near me and they are about 5 min or so away from where I live I'm quite excited to see what they have in there if its anything good at all... I just noticed it as I was going by so stopped to take a picture of there sign kind of a strange name if ya ask me but eh... :banana:

IMG_0324.jpg

figure it must be the owners name or some such :S Couldn't see any signs on the door or anything about when there grand opening or what not is going to be the doors were open but I think they were just setting up shop still as all the blinds and everything was closed & well the closed sign was on the window :D Going to stop in another time when I am not in a rush & see if I can't find out anything about what they have or when they will be opening

I can't really think of when a new shop has opened up here before... how about you guys?.. normally its just the same one all the time here taken on by different owners :S

Just dont spill your coffee on your comics or their comics for that matter. :lol:

Comics and coffee in the same store seem like a questionable strategy...

but good luck to them.

There used to be a comic shop in Jackson Hole that had converted half the space to a coffee shop and put out beater copies of TPBs for the people to read while drinking. I'm not sure if it still exists,but I thought it was an interesting attempt.

Sometimes when someone opens a new store they stock it with their personal collection of rare comics that wouldn't see the light of day otherwise. Could be some awesome stuff if they are Silver or Gold collectors.

(thumbs u

Many start up shops use their own books as capital to get going. Go in at the opening - you may find some personal collection gems for sale.

Just dont spill your coffee on your comics or their comics for that matter. :lol:

but good luck to them.

Not so strange from where I sit.

Gives them another possible revenue stream. Plus, maybe the people with kids who drink coffee will show up and bring their kids. With the eye on getting those peoples kids to get a book or two bought.

but good luck to them.

Not so strange from where I sit.

Gives them another possible revenue stream. Plus, maybe the people with kids who drink coffee will show up and bring their kids. With the eye on getting those peoples kids to get a book or two bought.

DoUwN wIT liTreaRcY! :sumo: