• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dudeman's HeroesCon Day Two Report

10 posts in this topic

Day two! I am pretty spent after a day of scouring through stacks and enjoying HeoresCon. Alot more people on deck today and shopping appeared to be robust. I bumped into Guy (Jack2start) early on and introduced me to some of our fellow board members. If you have never met Guy, I will tell you he is a friendly and awesome fellow collector!

DSCN0589.jpg

Here is a pic of Guy, Rick and I. Great talking to you Rick!

DSCN0590.jpg

Jeff (finecomics) and I.

DSCN0591.jpg

Great panels going today including several SCAD work shop sessions. I attended the DC Nation Panel and spoke with Matt Brady from Newsarama for a bit before the event kicked off. Matt said they are working some issues on their server to increase speed and was not intentionally ostacizing dial-up users. (damn streaming video!) Good DC panel attended by Dan Didio, Jann Jones, Jimmy Palmiotti, Ethan Van Sciver,and Matt Sturges. Nothing earth shattering passed and Dan handled any questions concerning Chuck Dixon (and silly Spoiler mini-series questions) with poise and grace. Down note-I find Final Crisis more confusing now than I did when I woke up this morning.

DSCN0592.jpg

Ethan Van Sciver and I. Constantly on the move all weekend and still took the time to grab a picture and talk about Black Adam with me.

DSCN0594.jpg

Yearly Heroes art auction moved to the AlleyCat bar instead of the Westin. Not a good thing as the auction was rushed to push everyone out for the band coming out at 10 PM. Prices on quality pieces were very low, as not a lot of time was given to peruse the items up for auction.

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

Good time during the art auction was talking with Irwin Hasen (Golden Age great who co-created Wildcat and worked art chores on Green Lantern and All Star comics). True gentlemen and a snappy dresser to boot!

DSCN0606.jpg

Spent some money with Graham Cracker Comics. I have read some folks were upset by Jaime being a little upset. I overheard that several of his books were shoplifted early Friday and he was working to try and locate them. That would anyone's day I am sure. He cut me some great prices on some of my hunt books today.

Picked up some key HG Weird Western and Jonah Hex books, as well as some Batman statues at some good deals. Looking to grab some deals tomorrow on a few Fawcett books :wishluck: before heading back to the Crystal Coast. Good times!

Day two down-Dudeman Out!

DSCN0612-1.jpg

Did you meet Roy Thomas?

Hey Brother-I sure did! How great is Roy? I had him sign my Marvel Vault book and we were able to talk for quite a bit. I don't have a picture as my wife was viewing a panel at the time and I never got back over. I love the HeroesCon as you can get close to the creators and spend the quality time with them!

:banana: Chris

you should have called me on saturday!

It sounds like you were a pretty busy character my friend on Saturday! lol I must have just missed you at the art convention!

:banana: Chris

yea, i was pretty much in my own little world by the end of the art auction. Ended up bar hopping with my buddies and falling out after a while. But since your in swansboro im sure well meet up sometime.