• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #427 900-Number Question

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

While visiting my childhood home, I was going through my boxes of comics from the 1980s and 90s. I was checking out my copy of Batman #427 featuring the death of Jason Todd. However, I noticed that my copy does not contain the page featuring the 900-number, it's a regular ad instead. I always figured this was a second or third printing, but there is no indication on the splash page. Any thoughts on why a copy of #427 didn't contain the 900-number, or am I correct to assume it's a later printing?

Thanks in advance.

What is the back cover ad? Most of the Batman issues from that time had 2nd prints that came it pre-packs and the such. Almost all of them had some ad on the back cover that I don't recall but I know it is blue with a white border (or maybe vice versa).

-William

The alternate page where Robin lived was printed in Batman Annual 25.

How much would the end of the story have changed anyway? Batman would just be upset that the Joker tried to kill Robin, but "only" seriously injured him.

The alternate page where Robin lived was printed in Batman Annual 25.

How much would the end of the story have changed anyway? Batman would just be upset that the Joker tried to kill Robin, but "only" seriously injured him.

It would have drastically changed the following stories...

Jim