• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does This Look Borderline 7.5 to You?

14 posts in this topic

This is not the first time I have heard of people critcizing Showcase New England's grading. I only buy stuff from them if it is already CGC graded. They usually have a lot of good stuff, but their grading needs some serious work. makepoint.gif

I reckon they have a weekly shipment to CGC, so why would they not send this one too? It's plain that if it would get a 7.5 then the price realised would be good.

The only reason not to get it graded is because they know it is plainly nowhere near a 7.5 and trying to sell it as better than it is. This really annoys me. 893frustrated.gif

I reckon they have a weekly shipment to CGC, so why would they not send this one too? It's plain that if it would get a 7.5 then the price realised would be good.

The only reason not to get it graded is because they know it is plainly nowhere near a 7.5 and trying to sell it as better than it is. This really annoys me. 893frustrated.gif

This may be a consignment auction. If so, then they won't get the stuff graded.

Well, that and the "micro dots of glue" cited in the item description... sure, SNE states that these dots of glue don't affect the grade, but until CGC sends it back, you can't be sure they won't give it the PLOD. So not only is it in reality about a VG+ 4.5 (come on, people, don't let the fact that it's a key issue sway you - look at all that chipping!), it may end up a RESTORED 4.5 ! I can't believe it's selling for as much as it is, but then again I can't believe SNE is able to continually overgrade the way they do on their "high grade" books. That's why I only buy low grade stuff from them, and infrequently at that.