• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STEVE BOROCK'S OA COLLECTION ON COMICLINK

15 posts in this topic

Steve Borock Original Art Collection onComicLink

ditko.jpg

We are pleased to announce a very special consignmentof original comic art: a major portion of Steve Borocks Original Art Collection!  

Manyof you know Steve as the President and Primary Grader at CGC. What many of you might notknow is that Steve was one of the top collectors of high grade Golden and Silver Age comicbooks before being tapped as CGCs # 1 guy. After he started working for CGC in 2000,Steve decided that while he still likes to read new comics, he would transition hiscollecting fever towards original comic book art.

As Steve puts it, havingbeen bitten by the collecting bug, he needed to find another way to stayinvolved as a collector in the hobby he loves.  Steve chose to concentrate ongetting an amazing cover or splash page of every artist he loved that could be framed andhung up in the CGC grading room. His policy was, if he did not love seeing it everyday,why have it. Over the last eight years, Steve has amassed quite a collection of covers andsplash pages by our hobbys top artists.  Now once again, Steve has slightlychanged the way he is going about collecting OA (he has gotten the bug for collectingcolorful pieces).  He is therefore letting go of many of his favorite black and whiteexamples to be able to buy others in synch with the new scope of his collection. While Steve always bought quality, and some pieces are quite expensive, he was notconcerned about whether the art was worth a lot of money or not. This means there issomething in this offering that everybody can afford! There are pieces for as little as$100 and those that price in the thousands.  We are excited that Steve choseComicLink as the selling venue of these quality pieces, and are happy to give our valuedclients the opportunity to obtain them for their own cherished collections.  Theywill be offered on a first-come first-served basis starting now -- from the comicart section of ComicLink.com: http://www.comiclink.com/forsale_ca.asp

You may also benefit from our expertise and extensive client base atany time by consigning to, or listing your comic books and comic art for sale, on the Comic Art Exchange and the Comic Book Exchange.  As always inthe Exchange sections, updates take place throughout every day, registered sellers may additems to sell at any time, and top dollar is frequently obtained.  If you are notcurrently a ComicLink seller, and would like to become one, click here to apply.

And to participate in, or inquire about, the AugustFeatured Focused Auction, which will include impressive Original Art alongside some ofthe best comic books in the world, simply email your prospective list of items for sale tobuysell@comiclink.com for a prompt reply. Youmay also call Josh Nathanson, Douglas Gillock, or Tomis Erb at 718/246-0300 for a noobligation discussion about what ComicLink can do for you that no other company can. Weare accessible every weekday between 9AM and 6PM EST.

Our Best,

The ComicLink Crew

-Josh Nathanson

-Tomis Erb

-Douglas Gillock

-Hugh Cramer

-Karl Ekstrom

www.comiclink.com

is there a link to just steve's stuff?

No :(

But I listed about 60 pieces and my CAF will soon state what pieces are on Clink.

He's got other great stuff that is not mine as well!

Steve, you sold the Vess Spectre. I am going to jump off a bridge. Thanks a lot. There are so many bridges in my area. Should I jump off

A. GG bridge

B. Bay Bridge

c. Dumbarton Bridge

D. Dont jump off bridge spend all the Vess money on crack

Everything posted on my CAF that is on comiclink now states that it is. There are other pieces that have never made it to my CAF, but you will see them on the link anyway.......

Steve, you sold the Vess Spectre. I am going to jump off a bridge. Thanks a lot. There are so many bridges in my area. Should I jump off

A. GG bridge

B. Bay Bridge

c. Dumbarton Bridge

D. Dont jump off bridge spend all the Vess money on crack

D

But spend it on art NOT crack! (thumbs u

You would never have given me the deal I got for the Vess. It was waaaaaay too much to pass up and one of the reasons I am switching over to color pieces. That was one of my favorite B&W's..........

some sweet stuff Steve. Good luck to you on the sale.

ComicLink has it way cooler than fleaBay and I think is the leader in Comic Auctions (I hope this year I can focus on ComicBidZ.com & make it work)

so what are ya gonna do now.. collect movie posters... that's what I do now!

Damn you! :::Shakes Fist:::

Steve, I was going to ask you what the hell you were doing. A while back you said you were going to focus on painted pieces...but then you kept buying pen and ink long after that statement and initial purge on Heritage.

I am having a blast looking for color pieces! :banana:

Saw one in Chicago I might pull the trigger on.... hm

Stuff on the Clink is doing great! Moonknight cover gone, Hawkman cover gone, Nexus cover gone, Zeck prelim gone and a bunch of other smaller stuff. Sad to see them go, but I love the color stuff I have been getting in.

BTW..... anyone who wants can bid on my stuff, don't be scared of the prices as I would rather sell to my friends here for less, then get more $ from people I do not know.......... :gossip: just pm me if it is your bid.