• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty Baker signed Baseball

4 posts in this topic

I know, it's not comic related, but it is a signed collectible.

I am quite excited that I got this ball signed, even though I'm not really a baseball fan. Dusty Baker has had a pretty good career as a player, and as a manager, so the significance is there.

I went to the Toronto Blue Jays vs. Cincinnati Reds game today, in Toronto. I got there pretty early, as I wasn't entirely sure about the process for using my brother's season pass/tickets. Batting practice was starting for the Reds, so I waited upfront hoping to get an autograph (mainly, Ken Griffey Jr.). Sadly, Griffey went back to the dressing room after batting practice.

The other fans there were the ones that called Dusty over, at the end of batting practice, so I just shoved myself into the crowd, and was able to get the ball signed.

So here it is:

dustybaker.jpg

I met Dusty in high school when he came for our baseball dinner. He was very personable and made a big impression on me. This was before he got into managing, so he wasn't as high profile a person yet.