• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US copies VS. Foreign Copies

33 posts in this topic

Is there a huge price difference between comic books with say for example 25 cents on the cover vs. ones with 6d ?? If the content and covers are identical just the currency is different. If so is it a huge fall off in price.? (shrug)

Is there a huge price difference between comic books with say for example 25 cents on the cover vs. ones with 6d ?? If the content and covers are identical just the currency is different. If so is it a huge fall off in price.? (shrug)

Yep...it's the mindset of collectors, right or wrong, that foreign editions aren't as "original" as their US counterparts. As a result, the prices paid reflect this...

Jim

Pence issues are definately cheaper than U.S.$ issues. I think about 2/3

As a general rule of thumb, that's about spot on. (thumbs u

However, the lower the grade, or the bigger the key, and the closer the two will be...also as a general rule.

Last year, I actually sold a Thor #193 pence copy here for full Guide...it was so ing sweet, as well as being a tough book in any currency. :headbang:

However, the lower the grade, or the bigger the key, and the closer the two will be...also as a general rule.

Last year, I actually sold a Thor #193 pence copy here for full Guide...it was so ing sweet, as well as being a tough book in any currency. :headbang:

Can you find me another Thor #193? :cloud9:

Can you find me another Thor #193? :cloud9:

Not sure I'll be able to. :(

However, you can share in the sweetness of the one I sold. :D

Thor193.jpg

Its an intersting topic. Generally I would agree.

I collect the Black & White Australian Blackhawk comic reprints.

These often sell for a lot more than the original US version. There are exceptions arount the key issues that sell for nowhere near as much but generally they are now selling for more.

Russ...

Whaddya mean "US copies vs foreign copies"? US copies ARE foreign copies!

And I much prefer them to my native pence copies, when it comes to American comics. That '12c', '15c' or whatever looks so much more exotic than '6d' or '10p'. For some reason I didn't have access to pence copies growing up. An odd little bookshop sold cents copies and that's how I first discovered Marvel/DC. Pence copies just look wrong to me as a result.