• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers and GI Joe

6 posts in this topic

Not sure what the point of your post is? I have the later GI JOE issues and they are great. All the late Joes issues are very difficult to find and always sell for decent coin. I sold a few #155 for over $60 each and got over $40 for my extra 154's.

Who'd ever thought that the later issues of these title would be difficult to locate. Even with low print run who would want them? Who wanted them in the 80's? I was too into superheroes to give my money to hasbro.

1. Not many people in the late 90's thought they were going to have any kind of resurgence - that's why they weren't hoarded and didn't have much value ten years ago.

2. There are always completists who demand an entire run of XYZ series. Otherwise, rarity can drive collectors to search these out when they see others placing a value on them.

3. Obviously, at time of print, there weren't many buyers, or they wouldn't have been cancelled. There were avid fans and not many others who were still hanging on (I bought G.I. Joe until the series ended, because the characters still intrigued me).

The above list pretty much describes the entire history of comic book collecting as well as a host of other hobbies. Apply it to contemporary examples and you'll have an idea what to hold onto for the next ten years.