• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracked CGC cases question #2 *sigh*

16 posts in this topic

So for my second question concerning cracked CGC cases:

What happens when a SS slab gets cracked, and the inner well has been broken? A universal with this same problem can't just be re-subbed for a new holder, but needs to get re-graded...but does this apply to SS as well? Will the book still be considered SS, or will they stick that nasty green qualified label on it?

just curious, I haven't cracked any of these yet :wishluck:

What happens when a SS slab gets cracked, and the inner well has been broken? A universal with this same problem can't just be re-subbed for a new holder, but needs to get re-graded...but does this apply to SS as well? Will the book still be considered SS, or will they stick that nasty green qualified label on it?

GLOD :tonofbricks:

GLOD :tonofbricks:

Why would it get GLOD if it is submiited in the original slab with the yellow label? Yes it would need to get re-graded but the orginal yellow label would be present to verify the sig's.

You won't lose the SS status. It's exactly the same as a Pedigree resub/reholder/regrade. The Pedigree status on the old label is sufficient evidence to again denote the book as a Ped copy. (thumbs u

This is the way I was told it would be...

CAL w/ re-subs

I'm not so sure it would happen that way...

A pedigree book can usually be identified as the pedigree in some other way, or the owner will have something (COA) indicating it is a pedigree.

But anyone could take a SS book, crack it out, and re-insert a forged substitue. Unless CGC keeps photo records of every SS book as reference, I'm not sure if they would just give the book another SS grade or not.

In the first place, why are you cracking out a SS book anyway? Just buy a reader copy and leave the SS in the holder, unless it is such an expensive key book that a reader isn't practical.

I'm not so sure it would happen that way...

A pedigree book can usually be identified as the pedigree in some other way, or the owner will have something (COA) indicating it is a pedigree.

But anyone could take a SS book, crack it out, and re-insert a forged substitue. Unless CGC keeps photo records of every SS book as reference, I'm not sure if they would just give the book another SS grade or not.

In the first place, why are you cracking out a SS book anyway? Just buy a reader copy and leave the SS in the holder, unless it is such an expensive key book that a reader isn't practical.

read the first post.

nobody is cracking SS slabs to read them :screwy:

secondly, what gain would anybody have by substituting another signed copy?? so they can get a GLOD on the original SS??? I guess I just don't see any possible gain for any substituting. Signed raw books don't really get too much cash these days... (shrug)