• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest DC bronze?

91 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this qualifies as bronze age or late silver age, but I do think that Young Love 69 (80 page giant) is way scarcer than Super DC Giant 17 or 21 and DC 100 Page Super Spec 5.

You got a copy of YL 69 Greggy?

(Kinda funny that the only romance book that DC put out as a 80 page giant is numbered 69) cool.gifyl69.jpg

Nope...not a high priority or something that I would really look out for. Romance books in decent shape are way too scarce to worry about. If I find some, I'll consider them but I'm not going out of my way for them, as I have other collecting priorities! thumbsup2.gif

Plus I figured you could tell that I probably I wasn't interested in the book considering I asked if you had HOS 190 instead of HOM 190 makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif...it was no typo. I knew there were 2 titles with similar names and content so I just went witht he only one I knew. Outside of Batman and Detective my knowledge of DC is extremely limited and I would hardly consider myself to be an expert in those 2 titles. Is there a Detective cover with Manbat carrying a girl on the cover similar to a common horror book where Dracula or Frankenstein would be doing a similar pose?

Plus I figured you could tell that I probably I wasn't interested in the book considering I asked if you had HOS 190 instead of HOM 190 makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif...it was no typo. I knew there were 2 titles with similar names and content so I just went witht he only one I knew. Outside of Batman and Detective my knowledge of DC is extremely limited and I would hardly consider myself to be an expert in those 2 titles. Is there a Detective cover with Manbat carrying a girl on the cover similar to a common horror book where Dracula or Frankenstein would be doing a similar pose?

Detective 407?

87_4_407.jpg

Detective 407?

87_4_407.jpg

thumbsup2.gif that's the one, thanks!

D'oh...I doubt that I would have a HOS 190! frown.gif

I think DC Special 6 is a STUNNING cover in terms of Neal's contribution - i.e. the linework... what hurts that cover IMO, and perhaps the reason you may not find it that striking, is the poor coloring job...

I bet that cover would make you moist if you saw it in its original b&w..

Dan

I don't know how tough these are ....the Det 400 and 402. I have/had both in 9.2, but try finding a Bats 238 in 9.4.....i think there is like, one and only a couple 9.2s.....All those Adams black covers are brutal....Not to mention the WW 179 -

I think DC Special 6 is a STUNNING cover in terms of Neal's contribution - i.e. the linework... what hurts that cover IMO, and perhaps the reason you may not find it that striking, is poor coloring job...

I bet that cover would make you moist if you saw it in its original b&w..

thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Yep...I was surprised that these copies were still available in the Motor City catalog around 6 years ago while the non-giant issues were sold. Good luck for me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

yeah..it was interesting to see which Northlands were still around from convention to convention...but Michael has said that the Northland guy would show up every now and then when he needed money with another pile of sweet books. Often multiples of earlier books he brought in. Sadly (for us) he has pretty much stopped coming by.