• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEEELP !! Need Canadian help !!

24 posts in this topic

Btw first class international and priority international ragardless of which way shipped usually arrive at the same time and priority doesn't give any extra benefits.

When I get books online from like off ebay they usually charge me $16 to ship a slabbed book to me first rate intrnational. When it arrives postage is usally like $12 on the label. Shipping has gone up since then but has to be close to that rate.

Last thing shipped to me was $14 and that was two slabbed books and one raw book.

I believe it's 23.95 if u use a flat rate box.

But for one slab you can go First Class Intl and send it for 8 bucks or so, assuming you have the box, it's not overly big and weighs less than 4 pounds.

I don't believe there is insurance when sending international, so that's a moot point. The customs declaration is used for the recipient to pay import duty on, so typically I put $100 and what it is ... used comics. I don't think the customs will bother with that value or lower.

I don't believe there is insurance when sending international, so that's a moot point. The customs declaration is used for the recipient to pay import duty on, so typically I put $100 and what it is ... used comics. I don't think the customs will bother with that value or lower.

Tracking ? There is NO way im gettin stiffed on this one.

Btw first class international and priority international ragardless of which way shipped usually arrive at the same time and priority doesn't give any extra benefits.

When I get books online from like off ebay they usually charge me $16 to ship a slabbed book to me first rate intrnational. When it arrives postage is usally like $12 on the label. Shipping has gone up since then but has to be close to that rate.

Last thing shipped to me was $14 and that was two slabbed books and one raw book.

Send priority.

There is no way to track 1st rate online .Priority is the way to go here.

Priority shippin usps can have insurance and he should defently get insurance for the full amount of the item.

http://www.usps.com/international/intlspecialservices.htm#H3

And to properly fill out the form you would put the actual sale price of the item that the person paid for it and thats what you would insure.

As for customs fee for the customer that all depends on how you fill in the customs label which I won't get into.

Tracking ? There is NO way im gettin stiffed on this one.

It will only get tracked into Canadian customs. After that you're on your own. :eek:

What is all this aboot? :grin: I would ask the buyer if he prefers a lower declared value (assuming you don't care). Sending it by UPS or USPS should be fine as long as it it packed well and traceable.The reason I mention the lower declare value (keep it under $50) is because it will get pushed through without having customs to do the paper work and slap a duty on it that needs to be collected upon delivery which is a pain in the rear and in the pocket book. They can charge around 10-20% based on its declared value. Better yet ask if the buyer would prefer to pay for extra FedEx costs (still cheaper than the VAT) and then you can know right away if its delivered.

Priority shippin usps can have insurance and he should defently get insurance for the full amount of the item.

And to properly fill out the form you would put the actual sale price of the item that the person paid for it and thats what you would insure.

As for customs fee for the customer that all depends on how you fill in the customs label which I won't get into.

I stand corrected....

Send priority.

There is no way to track 1st rate online .Priority is the way to go here.

What you said is true for the most part.....

HOWEVER lol

The customs number found on the green label for the buyer can be used as a semi way of tracking it for themselves since if it is in a box its goes by delivery truck and not regular carrier thus it will show up in the canada post website as to when it hits the local sorting office and when it is out for shipping. Why I never pay for priority.

Btw I don't think there is tracking available into Canada. An other reason why I always ask for the custom number on boxed items.

I will also correct my one statement above earlier about no benifits with priority since insurance is a benifit.

I stand corrected....

Well, its getting shipped priority. So that solves that. And if I can insure it I will pay the fee myself for peace of mind. The buyer is a store so im HOPING they are legit and I wont get hosed.. Non board buyers make me nervous...