• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

258 Comics Away From EVERY DC

128 posts in this topic

Now maybey we wont have to here about his quest anymore.

Maybey he will talk about something else

11338_2_001.jpg

My favourite comic from this decade.

I picked this series up on the cheap because I liked the pulp style covers, but have to say I found the interior art to be forgettable and the writing extremely poor. I often like reading reinterpretations of DC's Golden Age, but this series was annoying. Lame over the top villian with nonsensical motives, non-superpowered heroes zapped with massive blasts of electricity and walking away, turning Johnny Thunder into a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point ( as opposed to the niave innocent of the GA adventures), and the JSA's fairly powerless characters like Wildcat fighting alongside the more powerful ones like Green Lantern - thereby accenting their relative uselessness ( What worked in the original GA stories was everyone having their own adventure in the context of the larger story. Along with plenty of third rate dialog to keep the story going.

I suppose it might compare to some of the JLA's SA adventures - not a title I was fond of - but at least SA DC stories had a goofy charm that this series was lacking.

Still - congratulations on completing your DC collection Ian - am I to understand fronm a post in another thread that you have aquired a copy of the Superman/Bradman book? If so could we all see a scan?

am I to understand fronm a post in another thread that you have aquired a copy of the Superman/Bradman book? If so could we all see a scan?

I've had the Bradman book for years now. It's one of only three copies in circulation outside of the original family.

874454-SUP_BRADjpg.jpg

874454-SUP_BRADjpg.jpg.5e580aa662b8caa5774073fe4462e155.jpg

Cool - Thank you - that is a seriously esoteric bit of ephemera. So was Bradman the last name of the kid(s). The dark haired kid definetly has that caricature of real person look.

So what's next (beyond giveaways) - collecting all the Fawcett, Quality and Charlton books with a character who is now a DC property? That could probably keep you going for another decade or so.

On a related note - are there any Timely/Atlas/Marvel completists out there?

Cool - Thank you - that is a seriously esoteric bit of ephemera. So was Bradman the last name of the kid(s). The dark haired kid definetly has that caricature of real person look.

The two boys on the cover are Daniel Bradman and his best friend Andrew. The cover was specially commissioned to be drawn by the legendary Curt Swann.