• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

258 Comics Away From EVERY DC

128 posts in this topic

I've bought tons off them, and Aaron Krieger is one of the most helpful guys I've ever met, but there are tons of scans they don't have there, and lots of mistakes. For instance they only show five of the ten Celebrate The Century Super Heroes Stamp Albums, they claim there are SEVEN DC Modesty Blaise issues, and there are some titles they've never had on their inventory. So that's not the answer, but they have supplied me with some awesome and very obscure books, like the DC version of Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure Movie Adaptation. But they're not great now for Golden Age at all.

How about the BATMAN RECORD COMIC? Its the orange background book with Batman & Robin running on the cover. It came in a red box with a 33 1/3 record, flicker ring, club membership card, and certificate. Thats a pretty hard one to find. Are you looking for that?

Those Batman Poptart comics are also hard to find. I just sent some in to CGC last month.

How much of your collection is graded?

At the risk of upsetting everybody, I don't keep any comics in CGC slabs. I keep them all in Bill Cole arklights and double boarded. I'm just not a fan of slabbed comics - just me, nothing personal, sorry.

I even cracked open the Action 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 I'm afraid, along with the Detective 6 and quite a few others. (Please don't gang up on me).

I've seen lots of copies of the record comics and never considered them proper comics so I ignored them.

As for the Masters Of The Universe, are you SURE they're DC ??? There are tons of Masters Of The Universe mini comics around, but all the ones I've found aren't DC.

And I STILL don't know about the Tales Of The Teen Titans Annual Number 5, and the Dragonlance Annual 1.

Not this record comic. I bet your thinkng its one of those that has the attached sleeve. This is a seperate comic from the record. Much like those Fantastic Four or Spider-Man golden record albums. Except this one came in a album size box.

Congrats on this incredible collection.Its great to see that DC rules not only in north america but europe as well. I have a couple of questions....how many of these 30,000 or so books have you actually read....and how many of the 30,000 do you have doubles or triples of? cool.gif

I think I have the Teen Titans annual, is it the 1989 issue with a $3.50 cover price?

I have the entire DragonLance series, and no annuals. I don't believe it exists. It's also not on GCD.

In the course of ammassing my almost complete DC collection, yes I HAVE accidentally bought tons of doubles and triples, but I've traded them all in, usually with Jonathan Browne of They Walk Among Us, as swaps against other stuff, for which he gave me a very fair deal. Because much as I love Harley, the deal he gave me for a pile of trades left me thinking NEVER AGAIN.

No it's 1987, and I think the one you're thinking of is the New Titans Annual Number 5, from 1989, and not the Tales Of The Teen Titans Annual 5 from 1987.

WHY DO DC KEEP ON STARTING SO MANY NEW TEEN TITANS SERIES FROM NUMBER 1 ???????

It shows a callous disregard for the collectors of their product.

TEEN TITANS

NEW TEEN TITANS

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS

TALES OF THE NEW TEEN TITANS

TEEN TITANS

THE TITANS

TEEN TITANS

TITANS

TEAM TITANS

TEEN TITANS

it becomes a joke......

As for the Dragonlance annual, Paul Sassienie of Comic Biz says they had one and sold it on the late nineties, and even has the date and price on his computer, so it might well exist.

Harley got it on a Monday, flew to England on the Wednesday, and I picked it up on the Wednesday night so he only had it in his hands for two actual days.

Yes it had been CGC graded as a 1.0 but he disagreed with that, and it was the same copy he'd sold as a solid good a few years earlier. He was the original dealer, and he vouched for it being a good not a fair. I've bought plenty of strictly graded "good"s in equally good condition. There is no piece missing at all, and the pages are not brittle. And I've seen plenty of brittle comics. The More Fun 7 that Harley got me fell apart as you touched it. This one seems fairly solid, and the desciption CGC gave it was "slightly brittle" anyway, not "brittle". I suppose it you really roughed it up then a few corners might chip off, but NO-ONE is gonna do that, now are they ???

When I opened the comic up, I was most pleeasantly surprised, and consider it to be the best bargain I ever bought in my whole life.

I bought a good Green Lantern 2 from a German dealer which had a huge piece off the cover and slightly brittle pages, and made this Action 1 look like a very Fine in comparison.

No it's 1987, and I think the one you're thinking of is the New Titans Annual Number 5, from 1989, and not the Tales Of The Teen Titans Annual 5 from 1987.

WHY DO DC KEEP ON STARTING SO MANY NEW TEEN TITANS SERIES FROM NUMBER 1 ???????

It shows a callous disregard for the collectors of their product.

TEEN TITANS

NEW TEEN TITANS

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS

TALES OF THE NEW TEEN TITANS

TEEN TITANS

THE TITANS

TEEN TITANS

TITANS

TEAM TITANS

TEEN TITANS

it becomes a joke......

You are oh so correct. The confusion over collecting back issues of so many TT series has caused me to completely lose interest. LSH is similarly confusing, on a lesser scale. I'm sure there are other titles everyone could name that are guilty of the same, and at Marvel too, not just DC. If these companies want to maintain longtime collector's interest, they should avoid the Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3... route and come up with a new title for the dang things.

I nearly added to my original post how equally bad the Legion stuff is, trying to keep track

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

TALES OF THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

L.E.G.I.O.N.

THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

LEGIONNAIRES

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

LEGION LOST

THE LEGION

LEGION WORLDS

SUPERBOY'S LEGION

Just try to sort out THOSE annuals..................

And as for JLA, have you tried to follow the number systems of Justice League, Justice League International, Justice League America, Justice League Europe, and then THOSE annuals ????

DC DESERVE TO BE SHOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they should just go back to the good old Justice League of America, and resume from number 262.

I mean IF THE ISSUES FOLLOW SUIT THEN THEY'RE EASIER TO COLLECT AND HENCE MORE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY COLLECT THEM.

Following this train of thought further, has anyone EVER spoken to DC and complained about the awful way they number their comics ???

Their philosophy of "every time we go back to a number one, we sell more comics" slaps all the people in the face who spend money week in and week out buying their product.

And does anyone know what happened to the first twelve issues of SUPER DC GIANT, or the first three issues of DC 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR ?????

Following this train of thought further, has anyone EVER spoken to DC and complained about the awful way they number their comics ???

Their philosophy of "every time we go back to a number one, we sell more comics" slaps all the people in the face who spend money week in and week out buying their product.

And does anyone know what happened to the first twelve issues of SUPER DC GIANT, or the first three issues of DC 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR ?????

Wow, you really DON'T follow Marvel, do you? wink.gif

Hello Ian, I have a few DC comics that are not in the price guide. I've attached scans here for you to see. The first scan here is a set of Secret Origins of the Flash, Batman and Superman. All 3 books are small, with 16 full-color pages. All these are Mint copies.

589a8b60daaf6_307667-secretoriginLOT.jpg.eaaa6752b7871d26416211c63f2a9b9d.jpg

Next scan Ian is a Batman comic from 1975 with a 45 record inside the comic. This issue has a 20 full-color page story featuring the Joker. The record is in a sleave in the back. NM- copy with white pages.

Timely

307669-Batrecord.jpg.7660d009e5dc2d708f4c784e5be053a3.jpg

This last comic is an Ashcan from 1993 called "Batman: Dark Joker the Wild". It has 16 b&w pages inside. The entire outer cover is black with purple lettering.

Send me a private message if you need any of these.

Timely

307672-Batjoke.jpg.5f0c580a1c3724d2f1c6bcaa9ef5213d.jpg