• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you say "freaky"?

5 posts in this topic

I was scanning a bunch of silver age romances and I really thought that these two had some bizarre covers. Check out the girls eyes...they forgot to fill them in? It's kind of like Orphan Annie of the 70's or maybe influenced by the Exorcist?

img122.jpg

Also, I really thought this guy looks like he's a serial killer and not a love interest. Would you let your daughter out with him?

img168.jpg

So, any of you have "freaky" covers that you just don't get?

Considering the artist on the top book is Vinnie Colletta, it's entirely plausible that he forgot about the pupils altogether

Considering the artist on the top book is Vinnie Colletta, it's entirely plausible that he forgot about the pupils altogether

Or just wasn't paid enough to do them.

lol

Check the eyes more carefully. In elementary school, kids would erase the pupils of people in textbooks to create that effect.

EDIT: Nah. I checked the GCD and it's the same.

http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=66718&zoom=4

(BTW, I recently sold a comic to Vinne Colletta's son and have his email address.

I wanted to ask him if the rumors about his father being a womanizing cad are true.

Of course, I couldn't.)