• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My comics

474 posts in this topic

My favorite posts by far on these boards are when people share the comics they own with the rest of us, so I'm going to do the same. I scanned about 60 of my CGC comics, and plan to post about 3 a day. Hopefully you'll like them. I'll try to have a little variety each day. cloud9.gif

aqua30.jpg

Aquaman #30 (Nick Cardy cover)

adv1.jpg

Adventurers #1 Variant Cover (Peter Hsu cover)

out6.jpg

Out of this World #6 (Steve Ditko cover)

Heck, I don't know if I'll post 3 more, let alone 57 more. 16 people have looked at the post and not a single response? frown.gif
Early AM is thread trashing time! You'll get responses in the AM! confused.gif

Heck, I don't know if I'll post 3 more, let alone 57 more. 16 people have looked at the post and not a single response? frown.gif

Keep posting. I'm sure that a lot of people are like me, in that they may find something interesting, but not necessarily comment on it.

matt,

can you believe that adventures #1 variant cover was selling for $20 back in 87?

confused-smiley-013.gif

pimpy

Was that all? I remember it selling for $30 or $40. I paid $10 for this copy and then grading fees, but I love it! I just bought Fish Police #1 & Elflord #1, so I'm hoping they're 1st prints and high grade, and I'll get them graded too.

Can you remember any other 80s independent books (that were heavily hyped) that were actually decent? Trollords & Empire Lanes come to mind, but I can't think of anymore right now.

Can you remember any other 80s independent books (that were heavily hyped) that were actually decent? Trollords & Empire Lanes come to mind, but I can't think of anymore right now.

Not sure how you're meaning "decent," (speaking of collectibility or readability?) but I'd suggest that the best of the 80s independents would include:

- Nexus by Baron & Rude

- American Flagg! by Chaykin

- Rocketeer by Dave Stephens, and of course

- Miracleman by Alan Moore.

Aquaman #30 (Nick Cardy cover) aqua30.jpg

Ok, questions about this cover. Are they under water? I see Batman has a bubble head on and no one else does. Can Hawkman breath underwater?

What about it Joanna. Can WW breath underwater?

Just something I noticed and was curious about.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rich

Only Batman and Hawkman need to breathe underwater...the others either live there or can hold their breathe....

Hawkman is using a re-breather... thumbsup2.gif

Yea thats what was throwing me for a loop, I couldn't tell if Hawkman was using anything and then I wasn't sure about Wonder Woman. But with lungs like that I guess she can hold her breath for days. thumbsup2.gif

Rich

[

What about it Joanna. Can WW breath underwater?

Just something I noticed and was curious about.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rich

The Amazons invented a diving suit that is invisible (or transparent, depending on the issue) and completely covers the body. Oxygen is taken from the water and converted into air inside the suit to make it possible to stay underwater indefinitely. She can also hold her breath for a long time, but for any extended stay underwater, she wears the Amazon diving skin.

-- Joanna

The Amazons invented a diving suit that is invisible (or transparent, depending on the issue) and completely covers the body. Oxygen is taken from the water and converted into air inside the suit to make it possible to stay underwater indefinitely. She can also hold her breath for a long time, but for any extended stay underwater, she wears the Amazon diving skin.

-- Joanna

Those Amazons and their invisible stuff, planes and underwater gear. Can they see the invisible? Can they make anything invisible? Is it from magical means or scientific?

Sorry Matt, have any Detective comics for show?