• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Display Racks

37 posts in this topic

Build them. Costs $65.00, and 3 hours. I have to build 2 more this weekend, 1 for me, and 1 for another dealer. Or you can buy them for $225.00, I dont know who, but thats what I was told by another guy who built them.

Pat-

A lot of dealers are using a collapsible metal stand, is this the kind you're thinking of?

Andy

Yes. This is exactly right. Where can I buy them?

CC

I thought you meant the PVC displays. Which ones are the metal racks ?

A lot of dealers are using a collapsible metal stand, is this the kind you're thinking of?

Andy

Yes. This is exactly right. Where can I buy them?

CC

Don't know, but I was just thinking the same thing this morning. hm

Andy

The guy on the west coast who was building them isn't really building them anymore although he has a bunch of parts in his garage. He may be able to assemble a wombat for you though.

I'll look for the address. He's hard to get a hold of although you do see him at conventions on the West Coast.

I think they were $275 (less when you buy a couple.)

Make sure to get the small side braces.

The guy on the west coast who was building them isn't really building them anymore although he has a bunch of parts in his garage. He may be able to assemble a wombat for you though.

I'll look for the address. He's hard to get a hold of although you do see him at conventions on the West Coast.

That's the word I was looking for. I asked a dealer at a show and this is exact kind he was referring to. A "Wombat". doh!

CC

What does this do as far a display? More secure?

CC

They're the same material as the trench (U frame) that the comic lies in with the same clips... They just add massive rigidity to the structure.

It's the middle part of the A in A-Frame.

Please do. That would be great.

I sold my aluminum wombat with ski bag to a forumite in Florida(?) a couple of years ago for around $200 shipped from Canada via UPS truck. It never came with the side metal struts 12 years ago when I 1st bought it from a dealer who moved from CA to BC, Canada.

By the way, here are the wombat specs. It really depends on what kind of booth configuration you get.

The wombats are about 6' wide generally and go up about 7-8'. (They're extendable) Shelves are about 9"-10" apart vertically and a comic will stand on a shelf and rest on the shelf above it. Comics are held in place by gravity and a string that runs across each shelf.

If you have two booths side by side, you generally need 2 wombats which take up 12'. IN BETWEEN, he offers 4' shelves with clips. These attach to either side of the wombats and give you a shelf connecting the two wombats. Since these are shorter, they're stronger and won't bend in the middle if you're putting slabs on the wombat. This gives you a wombat length of 16' of rack space... which can give you room for a 2' deep table along one side (or both) as a buffer assuming you get a standard 10'x10' booth.

Generally, the wombat legs will take up anywhere from 18' to 2' of space as well in terms of depth. You will be able to slide some longboxes underneath though for storage during the con. (Generally one layer.)

By the way, here are the wombat specs. It really depends on what kind of booth configuration you get.

The wombats are about 6' wide generally and go up about 7-8'. (They're extendable) Shelves are about 9"-10" apart vertically and a comic will stand on a shelf and rest on the shelf above it. Comics are held in place by gravity and a string that runs across each shelf.

If you have two booths side by side, you generally need 2 wombats which take up 12'. IN BETWEEN, he offers 4' shelves with clips. These attach to either side of the wombats and give you a shelf connecting the two wombats. Since these are shorter, they're stronger and won't bend in the middle if you're putting slabs on the wombat. This gives you a wombat length of 16' of rack space... which can give you room for a 2' deep table along one side (or both) as a buffer assuming you get a standard 10'x10' booth.

Generally, the wombat legs will take up anywhere from 18' to 2' of space as well in terms of depth. You will be able to slide some longboxes underneath though for storage during the con. (Generally one layer.)

VERY interesting sckao. So let me get this straight...

A single comic con booth = 1 Wombat

A double comic con booth = 2 Wombat

When you state," 4' shelves with clips" I take these are identical in height to the regular sized wombats just 4' wide instead of 6'?

I'm interesting placing an order so some contact information would be great.

CC

When you state," 4' shelves with clips" I take these are identical in height to the regular sized wombats just 4' wide instead of 6'?

CC

Yes. A convention will generally provide you with a free 2' deep table that is 8' long.

If you have a double corner/end cap, you'd have two booths and 3 open sides. Then you could basically do a setup where you have 4 8' tables against the outer boundaries of your booth space (with a 4' space to get in and out) and 16' of wombat at the back wall of your booth.

I'm having a hard time locating the address. His name is Hal. I know he knows the guys who did business with Colossus Comics. (Greg from What's Hot Comics & Cards?)

Found an e-mail address: PM sent.

CC

Yes. A convention will generally provide you with a free 2' deep table that is 8' long.

If you have a double corner/end cap, you'd have two booths and 2 open sides. Then you could basically do a setup where you have 4 8' tables against the outer boundaries of your booth space (with a 4' space to get in and out) and 16' of wombat at the back wall of your booth.

I'm having a hard time locating the address. His name is Hal. I know he knows the guys who did business with Colossus Comics. (Greg from What's Hot Comics & Cards?)

So I should call the number at this address: http://www.whatshotcomics.com/

Explain to them I am interested in some racks and ask if they have any contact information for a Hal? I will do this on Monday.

BTW I plan on setting these up beside my bed. I doubt I will display my EC collection at a show for quite some time.

Thanks Sckao. (thumbs u "Wombat" I just couldn't remember the name.

CC

CC