• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody interested in a Toronto Forum Dinner Saturday?

54 posts in this topic

We did have a small five person dinner, but it was fun and we had drinks til about 11:00 and the night was done.

So, who else was there...? :baiting:

Ah, I was sad though... I was completely prepared to spend all of my "Blue and Shiny" to keep the par-tay a rollin', but all good things, I guess. :(

Yeah it was a great time, in what was my first public Forumite appearance! (thumbs u

I'm expecting that ill-begotten pic that Alex took of me to be hitting the net anytime now... :/

:eek:

* Just outside of Toronto, we needed to stop for gas (petrol, in litres no less?). After exchanging my near-worthless US $$ into more colorful Canadian $$, the attendant could see that I was struggling w/ the denominations. So, I eventually paid our $54 fuel bill w/ a trio $20's and he was good enough to count back my change as a "Blue and a Shiny" (a $5 bill and a Looney). I thanked the man, put on my bright yellow protective helmet and skipped off chatting quietly to myself...

Do you mean this one? It's not that bad:

IMG_0891.jpg

What more can I say about this guy. Neal stopped by our booth late in the afternoon Saturday and decided to hang with us for the next 6 hours. A great guy, easy to talk to, although we had just met, we quickly became fast friends. Actually Neal seemed pretty dissappointed when we had to leave at around 11:00 PM as I think he was prepared to drink all night. Hopefully you can make it back up to Toronto in a month or so and we can do this again. I have a spare couch if you need a place to stay ! :)

Jim

Yup. And what was just as impressive as the weekend at the con was the effort put into keeping the kids active. Fantastic!

R.

Yup. And what was just as impressive as the weekend at the con was the effort put into keeping the kids active. Fantastic!

R.

Thank you so much, it's always nice to get any feedback. I consider the event a success if one child enjoys themselves.

Well all three of mine did, especially the Black Cat. Thanks for all your effort.

Jim

Ditto - my nephew loved it. And a medal should be given to Chip Zdarsky