• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody interested in a Toronto Forum Dinner Saturday?

54 posts in this topic

I know there is only a week to go but is anyone interested in a CGC forum dinner on Saturday night, after the Paradise show on Saturday July 12th? If a dozen people or so are interested, I'll make plans. LMK.

Jim

Lou and I are in with both feet!
:cry:

Commute :gossip:

:tonofbricks:

Toronto is only 13 hours for me. It's closer than Dallas. (shrug)

doh!

Well if Roy promises not to bale, and in his defense he does have 6 days. We are at the very least able to have a mini Chicago reunion. :)

Andy that's too bad.

Let me see who chimes into the thread and/or PM's me by the middle of the week and we'll go from there. I'm sure the restaurant in the hotel would be a perfect venue.

PS

Doc if you come up, I'll even pay your gas one way :) :) :) (I know your kidding but I'm not)

Jim

Can't vouch for the food at the Holiday Inn. I don't even know if there's a restaurant in the hotel. There IS a new Starbucks, though. (thumbs u It just opened about a month ago, just off the lobby. That makes 5 Starbucks within a two block radius of King and Spadina.

That stretch of King St. is restaurant-central since it's in the theatre/entertainment district. In the two blocks heading east from the Holiday Inn there are dozens of good places, and a bunch of very trendy (and pricey) places if you head west on King, between Spadina and Bathurst. Plus there's For Your Eyes Only (strip club).

And, of course there's Hooters - one short block away from the hotel. hm

Lou and I will likely be staying in town for the weekend and going out on the town Sat night. We stay at the Travelodge at King and Bathurst. It's cheap, clean and close to our usual hang out areas.

R.

Well if Roy promises not to bale, and in his defense he does have 6 days. We are at the very least able to have a mini Chicago reunion. :)

Andy that's too bad.

Let me see who chimes into the thread and/or PM's me by the middle of the week and we'll go from there. I'm sure the restaurant in the hotel would be a perfect venue.

PS

Doc if you come up, I'll even pay your gas one way :) :) :) (I know your kidding but I'm not)

Jim

You don't know how tempting an offer that is. However, at the moment I am up to my azz in alligators at work and my passport is expired. :cry:

You don't need a passport to drive, just to fly. At least we don't...photo ID (like a driver's license) and a birth certificate will do.

R.

Roy is correct, you just need a drivers license to cross the border. I'll get you a pass, lodging and most of your fuel. Heck you'd spend more $$$ in Tenessee this weekend than you would in Toronto.

If you pick up Arex along the way, I'll pay for your fuel here and back :) :) :)

Jim

In fact, Jim can pay for the rental van and you can probably pick up another 12 or so forumites along the way!

:baiting:

Seriously though, we should start a thread in General and see how many forumites there are along the way and who would be interested in a last minute trip to TO for the paradise con this weekend.

hm

Flips: Although we only got to talk for a few minutes at Gibsons, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'm sure we could use some supplies up here, I can't speak for others but my mylars keep cracking as I can't seem to keep my igloo at the right temperature :) :) :)

Just kidding, I'm pretty sure it's hotter here today than it is in Florida.

Jim