• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare comic with one of our members on cover FOUND

9 posts in this topic

Are you familiar with the issues of ASM (around #340, I'm guessing - during the E. Larsen run) that feature "The Garths," these little smurf-like dolls? Those are in fact based on me, in a sense... Erik Larsen and I have been friends since 5th grade, and he used to draw comics about himself and several of his friends instead of doing his homework (or anything else, for that matter)...the 'Garths' as referenced in those ASM issues are the same character - in appearance, anyway - that represented me in those primitive Larsen efforts grin.gif

I still have some things he drew at age 12...it's pretty funny stuff...

Are you familiar with the issues of ASM (around #340, I'm guessing - during the E. Larsen run) that feature "The Garths," these little smurf-like dolls? Those are in fact based on me, in a sense... Erik Larsen and I have been friends since 5th grade, and he used to draw comics about himself and several of his friends instead of doing his homework (or anything else, for that matter)...the 'Garths' as referenced in those ASM issues are the same character - in appearance, anyway - that represented me in those primitive Larsen efforts grin.gif

I still have some things he drew at age 12...it's pretty funny stuff...

Yea I like Larsen's stuff. ASM # 350 has a portfolio at the end. Last page has a spidey half drawn by Larsen other drawn by Mcfarlane

Heres the photo.

larsen.jpgthumbsup2.gif

Yea I like Larsen's stuff. ASM # 350 has a portfolio at the end. Last page has a spidey half drawn by Larsen other drawn by Mcfarlane

Heres the photo.

larsen.jpgthumbsup2.gif

You know the back-of-the-book 'splash shot' of Spidey and Daredevil from ASM # 350, drawn by Larsen ? I have the original art...given to me by Erik as a birthday gift 10 or so years ago...