• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$15 for shipping one book?

22 posts in this topic

Not yet, I just picked it up last night and was debating on what to say. I understand that in U.S. you have to wait in longer lines to ship to Canada, etc. I don't mind paying a handling fee but, this seems a little high.

Longer lines? Whoever told you that is full of [!@#%^&^] confused-smiley-013.gif

For the feedback, assuming you paid $17.95 and 3.95 insurance, if the packing/shipping were done well enough to at least come close to justifying the price you paid maybe leave a positive or neutral noting the high cost. If the seller obviously pocketed the lion's share of the cost and the book shows up in a recycled bubble wrap envelope with $3.20 as the cost of postage and no insurance, neg the loser.

dave h

Guys, guys... the point is the seller didn't indicate the shipping costs up front...only after the auction closed. If you can't negotiate on the front end, I don't think having the mailer with 'proof' that the shipping actually cost $4.16 is going to sway the person.

Prepare to leave neutral or neg feedback, or you're basically doing future buyers a disservice. YOU'D have wanted to know in advance about this seller's shady practice, right? If some other buyer had given such feedback, you wouldn't be in this position at this point. Just my 2 cents,