• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My original art collection

61 posts in this topic

GIC #191 pages 14 and 22 pencils by Sam Glanzman

DSC08638.jpg

DSC08639.jpg

GIC #192 page 14 pencils by Sam Glanzman

DSC08640.jpg

GIC #193 pages 9, 10, 13, 14, 15 and 20 pencils by Sam Glanzman

DSC08641.jpg

DSC08642.jpg

DSC08643.jpg

DSC08644.jpg

DSC08645.jpg

DSC08646.jpg

GIC #242 page 1 penciled by Vicatan 1st appearance of the Mercanaries aside from the cover

DSC08647.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #143 page 22 penciled by Sam Glanzman

DSC08648.jpg

Another one that I like, well, I like all of the war pages, but this one is extra special as well.....

Our Army At War #223 page 6 pencils by Russ Heath

DSC08650.jpg

An 8 page complete story from Our Army At War #226, pencils by Sam Glanzman

DSC08651.jpg

DSC08652.jpg

DSC08653.jpg

DSC08654.jpg

DSC08655.jpg

DSC08656.jpg

DSC08657.jpg

DSC08658.jpg

That's all folks! :acclaim:

Thanks for looking and your comments are most welcomed.

Andy

:news: My nicest page! :acclaim::news:

Our Fighting Forces #155 page 23 pencils by Jack Kirby

DSC08649.jpg

Wot, no Sam Glanzman??? :devil:

lol

I went in on a big collection of just Sam Glanzman with someone and ended up buying their half later on. Although I have a very large number of pieces by him, I think the artwork is great! G. I. Combat during this bronze age period is what I was reading as a boy, so to have the OA is fantastic! :cloud9:

Andy

Some great Whitman covers here that I got off another forum member through eBay. I really love these and I'm thinking of decorating my upcoming child's room with these.

DSC08576.jpg

DSC08577.jpg

DSC08578.jpg

DSC08579.jpg

DSC08580.jpg

What a fabulous idea Andy. :golfclap:

:news: My nicest page! :acclaim::news:

Our Fighting Forces #155 page 23 pencils by Jack Kirby

DSC08649.jpg

Wot, no Sam Glanzman??? :devil:

lol

I went in on a big collection of just Sam Glanzman with someone and ended up buying their half later on. Although I have a very large number of pieces by him, I think the artwork is great! G. I. Combat during this bronze age period is what I was reading as a boy, so to have the OA is fantastic! :cloud9:

Andy

Sam did some great pieces and you have lots of wonderful examples there. (thumbs u

I have one of his unpublished KONA covers in my CAF. It's actually quite close to the published version.

Some great Whitman covers here that I got off another forum member through eBay. I really love these and I'm thinking of decorating my upcoming child's room with these.

Great idea, I just finished converting my son's nursery to a bedroom decorated with Justice League (he would watch the Timm Justice League 24/7) and other Super Heroes. It's the room I alays wanted when I was a kid.

Great stuff, love the war pages.

DSC08576.jpg

DSC08577.jpg

DSC08578.jpg

DSC08579.jpg

DSC08580.jpg

What a fabulous idea Andy. :golfclap:

Thanks Jeff! It's going to happen if it first gets cleared by the boss. :insane:

Andy

Sam did some great pieces and you have lots of wonderful examples there. (thumbs u

I have one of his unpublished KONA covers in my CAF. It's actually quite close to the published version.

Thanks Mister Trent. I'd love to see your Kona cover if you could provide a link.

Andy

Great idea, I just finished converting my son's nursery to a bedroom decorated with Justice League (he would watch the Timm Justice League 24/7) and other Super Heroes. It's the room I alays wanted when I was a kid.

Got a pic of your son's nursery? Those animated Batman pages, and Justice League are so great, aren't they?

Thanks for the compliments on the war pages. That's the really good stuff for me.

Andy

I have not done the photobucket thing yet but I did set up a gallery on CAF to put some pics of my son's room. Thanks for asking

Super Hero Room

Still waiting for a Justice League sheet set that I bought from Thailand that are being sent to a seamstress in MA so she can make a comforter. We found some old Superfreinds curtains of Ebay circa 1977 that we have yet to put up. I'm sure we will add a few more things along the way.

Also, big (thumbs u to a few members who post on this board AjaxFarrell for the Justice League clock and Pirate for the great deal on the Hasen piece.

Got a pic of your son's nursery? Those animated Batman pages, and Justice League are so great, aren't they?

Thanks for the compliments on the war pages. That's the really good stuff for me.

Andy

Thanks Mister Trent. I'd love to see your Kona cover if you could provide a link.

Andy

The link should be appearing with my posts (unless your settings aren't allowing it?).

No worries. Here's a scan of the unpublished cover art, from 1966, along with a scan of the printed comic-book cover.

As you can see, very liitle difference . . .

2pocw0j.jpg

1ji3q.jpg

Additionally, as you appear to be a fan of Russ Heath, I have three of his covers in my CAF. If you don't see the link to my CAF, you could look out for my Gallery under my real name, TERRY DOYLE. The Heath covers are in my MARVEL /DC COVERS Gallery.

Yes, very little difference, as you say.

Your CAF gallery? doh! I have never seen such a beautiful collection before in my life. Just amazing stuff, Terry! (worship)

Floored,

Andy

Another one that I like, well, I like all of the war pages, but this one is extra special as well.....

Our Army At War #223 page 6 pencils by Russ Heath

DSC08650.jpg

Pencils & inks by Heath! (worship)