• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My original art collection

61 posts in this topic

Hey fellas and ladies, I thought I'd take a moment to photograph and present my original art. Unfortunately, a couple of my photos were a little blurry, but hopefully they're clear enough to see.

I hope you enjoy! :wishluck:

First off are some pages from Crossgen. I really enjoyed many of the books that this company put out, and I was sad to hear of their closing shop.

Sigil #34 pages 2 and 3 pencils by Fiorentino

DSC08518.jpg

Meridian #6 page 10 pencils by Joshua Middleton, inks by Vines I really enjoyed this Meridian series and Josh Middleton draws so beautifully. I felt Steve McNiven did a great job coming on as his replacement.

DSC08544.jpg

Meridian #6 page 11 pencils by Joshua Middleton, inks by Vines

DSC08545.jpg

Meridian #39 page 3 pencils by Vincenzo Cucca

DSC08531.jpg

Meridian #39 page 5 pencils by Vincenzo Cucca

DSC08519.jpg

Meridian #40 page 8 pencils by Vincenzo Cucca

DSC08543.jpg

Many more to come (thumbs u

Andy

The Path #14 page 8 pencils by Smith, inks by Pennington

DSC08522.jpg

The Path #19 pages 15 and 16 pencils by Smith, inks by Pennington

DSC08523.jpg

DSC08524.jpg

The Path #19 pages 19 and 21 pencils by Smith, inks by Pennington

DSC08525.jpg

DSC08526.jpg

The Path #20 pages 3 and 6 pencils by Smith, inks by Pennington

DSC08527.jpg

DSC08528.jpg

The Path #20 pages 8 and 20 pencils by Smith, inks by Pennington

DSC08529.jpg

DSC08530.jpg

Scion #22 page 21 pencils by Karl Moline

DSC08537.jpg

Scion #28 page 3 pencils by Jim Fern

DSC08538.jpg

Scion #40 pages 2 and 3 + overlay page- pencils by Ross This is a really cool splash page that has monitors, and the faces for the monitors were drawn on a separate page and added digitally, most likely. Thoughts?

DSC08539.jpg

DSC08540.jpg

Scion #40 pages 4 and 5 + overlay page- pencils by Ross Another cool page that follows the story from the previous pages shown. This lady is in front of a very large crowd, all gathered to watch the people on the screens.

DSC08541.jpg

DSC08542.jpg

Route 666 #11 pages 18 and 19 pencils by Karl Moline, inks by Drew Geraci I really enjoyed this title and the great artwork that Moline produced.

DSC08536.jpg

DSC08535.jpg

Route 666 #11 page 21 pencils by Karl Moline, inks by Drew Geraci

DSC08534.jpg

Route 666 #10 pages 3 and 21 pencils by Greg Tocchini

DSC08546.jpg

DSC08547.jpg

Getta Room!!

And by that I mean a CAF Gallery, lol.

www.comicartfans.com

Great stuff btw.

Brian

Andy, thanks for sharing your stuff (please post that Kirby war page again, willya? :wishluck: )

And Ditto on Brian's suggestion: set up a CAF gallery!

--Steve

I did just set one up, well, I signed up anyway. I see that there are accounts where they want to charge money. Can anyone tell me what the importance of having a paid account would be? Thanks,

Andy

Let me go from memory, I am a premium member after all.

Firstly, I started doing it only to support Bill Cox. He is supporting the comic art hobby and I wanted to support him for his efforts, at first, i didn't care what the benefits are. But here they are (and once again, some of this is from memory, CAF is blocked at work so I can't confirm some features could be extended to free members)

1. Bigger scans for uploads - I think free accounts get the size of the art capped

2. Ability to sort how art is displayed in a gallery

3. Ability to promote your ebay auctions and for sale items more prominently than non-members

4. If you go for the market data (separate payment) you can research how much similar art has gone for

5. hmm.. is multiple uploads only for premium members.

6. Dashboard, you get more stats on yoru stuff

7. Daily updates, you can put in key search words and CAF will email you if there are new art matching those wards

I am sure there are tons more!

Malvin

Andy,

Nice collection. The Path had some great art and I wish that series(company) would have lasted much longer. I've only got 1 PATH cover and a Route666 DPS myself.

You can have a free gallery, but the benefits of having a piad acct are(from memory):

-Support a great site, first off

-you can watch "favorite' galleries

-You can set up automatic searches for key words with the results emailed to you

- Everybodies doing it (or should be)

-plus what Malvin said(he's a faster typer :eek: )

Mike

I'm still not convinced it's for me. So far, the website seems very crowded, at least on the home page. I haven't spent any time at all looking around, so I'm probably not giving it a fair shot. I'll investigate further and see what I want to do. In the meantime, I'll try to get some more pieces of art up here.

Thanks for all of the comments so far. (thumbs u

Andy

Thundercats #5 page 4 pencils by Benes

DSC08548.jpg

Street Fighter #1 page 3 and 4 pencils by Hillsman

DSC08558.jpg

DSC08559.jpg

Superman and Batman: Secret Files 2003 pages 3 and 4 pencils by Ivan Reis, inks by Campos

DSC08549.jpg

DSC08550.jpg

Ultimate Spider Man #103 page 10 pencils by Mark Bagley Love this comic! Well, at least I used to, I'm not reading it anymore....

DSC08553.jpg

Ultimate Spider Man #105 page 3 pencils by Mark Bagley

DSC08551.jpg

Ultimate Spider Man #109 page 4 pencils by Mark Bagley

DSC08552.jpg

Getta Room!!

www.comicartfans.com

Great stuff btw.

Brian

Andy, thanks for sharing your stuff (please post that Kirby war page again, willya? :wishluck: )

--Steve

I'll try to get my war pages up either tomorrow or next week. (thumbs u

Andy

Getta Room!!

www.comicartfans.com

Great stuff btw.

Brian

--Steve

I'll try to get my war pages up either tomorrow or next week. (thumbs u

Andy

Tease... :kidaround:

Oh, and CAF. The Premium Gallery may or may not be worth it to you, but I agree that the update emails are nice to have. Everytime somebody posts a new Kirby, Ditko, etc page (you can identify multiple artists, or specific people's galleries, etc), I get notified. Makes it fun to see what goes up. And I enjoy commenting on people's art and having them comment on mine.

The other features are not as enticing for me, but I do like them and more importantly, I appreciate what Bill Cox has done for the OA community by creating this site and so my premium membership is a way to support the site and Bill.

You have a lot of art from various artists and such a collection would lend itself well to a CAF gallery.

That said, it's not for everyone, so ultimately it's up to you whether you set one up or not.

Now, stop reading this and post that war art! :grin: (thumbs u

--Steve

So, is the market report kind of like GPA, only for original art?

Andy

I don't know what GPA is, but market data basically summarizes auction results from various sources, but only for the last few years, so it doesn't go back to the begining of time (which for ebay is like the 1990's)

So, is the market report kind of like GPA, only for original art?

Andy

I don't know what GPA is, but market data basically summarizes auction results from various sources, but only for the last few years, so it doesn't go back to the begining of time (which for ebay is like the 1990's)

Thanks! Sounds just like GPA. GPA tracks auction results for comics from eBay, Heritage, and many other big auction sites and dealers. Comic Link doesn't provide results, though, for whatever reason, I have no idea.

Andy