• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best read of the Year!

37 posts in this topic

Best new book I read this year was Supreme Power 1-4. The story is still in prelude mode, but its been very good so far and seems like it will only get better.

The best back issues I read this year were Sandman 1-75. I cant believe I didnt read that book back when it was new. Hands down the best thing I've ever read. I'm currently trying to get my girlfriend to read the run because she is a comics hater. I think it's good enough to convert her.

I liked Supreme Power as well, but the best read I have had this year is the Alias run by Bendis. A friend highly recommended it, so I took a shot and bought the first TPB and was hooked. Just finished reading the Purple arc, which is the last arc (#28 is the last issue). Bendis is going to continue with the Jessica Jones character in the new series called The Pulse, starting in Feb 2004.

- D.

Supreme Power and Alias are both great stories. But, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, the story of the year was HUSH. You can quibble about the ending being a letdown, but month by month it was top quality all around and a dam good read.

But, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, the story of the year was HUSH. You can quibble about the ending being a letdown, but month by month it was top quality all around and a dam good read.

I thought Hush was overrated but the first 10 issues of Y The Last Man are some of the best comics anyone will ever read. Many comics pale in comparison.

Best new comics I read this year was:

Ultimate Spider-Man,Superman Red Son,Superman Birthright and Supreme Power as well.

In the back issues I read:

Amazing Spider-Man #121 and #122 (great stuff) and Watchmen ( smirk.gif What more can i say..).

I want to vote for Hush, because the it's the story I was most interested in... but then the ending was such a dissapointment, I can't say it was even close to being the best story.

I thought the Flash 196-200 was easily the best story this year.

Hush had the best art of the year hands down and the story did keep me interested, but, in the end, was a let down.

I agree that Y is some kick azz stuff. 100 Bullets has also stayed strong and is always a great read.

Hush had the best art of the year hands down and the story did keep me interested, but, in the end, was a let down.

I agree that Y is some kick azz stuff. 100 Bullets has also stayed strong and is always a great read.

Shameless plug time...

What's that? You missed the ending of Hush? You need 100 Bullets #8? You want to read Supreme Power #1-3 but your store is sold out? Same sad story for 1602 #1-3? What about some El Cazador, Smallville, and LXG? Want those too? Come and get'em. Just one set. Goes on eBay tomorrow where I will start them around cover price, but you can buy them now for cover price for the lot

Shameless plug link

The Ultimates. I like Morrison on the New X-Men, but the last storyline I really enjoyed there was "Riot at Xavier's" and I think that was actually late last year, although I can't remember exactly. If "Riot" was this year then that was my favorite.

A close second is the "Unthinkable" storyline in Fantastic Four. I particularly enjoyed the prequel issue to the story where they showed Doom going back to see his old girlfriend...just when you thought he might be an old softie, he shows just how utterly evil he really is!

A close second is the "Unthinkable" storyline in Fantastic Four. I particularly enjoyed the prequel issue to the story where they showed Doom going back to see his old girlfriend...just when you thought he might be an old softie, he shows just how utterly evil he really is!

Does he make sure he's satisfied first and not "return the favor" ? confused.gif

Does he make sure he's satisfied first and not "return the favor" ? confused.gif

Pervert. tongue.gif

He makes sure he gets what he came for, but he does INFINITELY worse than just not return the favor! shocked.gif