• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Britain

10 posts in this topic

Wanted to get into the Cpatain Britain series by Marvel Comics International 1976. Are these really tough to get or find. Been having a hell of a time finding them and at reasonable prices. They dont book high but most are asking over book for them. Any answers??

Wanted to get into the Cpatain Britain series by Marvel Comics International 1976. Are these really tough to get or find. Been having a hell of a time finding them and at reasonable prices. They dont book high but most are asking over book for them. Any answers??

Whats high by the way $1.50 vs $1.00 (shrug)

If we're talking this kind of differential, you might be wasting our's and your time here. As like you say they are hard to come by, someone can ask a little more based on the fact you can't trun elsewhwere for them. :sorry:

I have been coming across them at say an issue books for $8 NM (9.2) they are asking like $24 . The 2 early issuses had a mask and boomerang included. Those are missing in most and still askin about 2 or more time nm book for them. And again alot of people dont seem to have any issuses or barely any to begin with.

Captain Britain (1976)

Search for 'Captain Britain' on eBay

Publisher: Marvel Comics UK (Marvel Comics)

Publication Date: October 1976 - July 1977

Language: English

Notes:

Captain Britain was Marvel UK's First Super-Hero created just for the UK. The Comic features 3 stories with Captain Britain being the only story to feature original material. The other 2 were reprints from there US counterparts but in Black & White.

Number of issues cataloged: 39

You're best bet is probably to buy from a UK Ebay seller. The issues with free gifts will sell well, 10 GBP or so at least.

I had the entire set of the 70's weekly comic with the gifts until last year, when I sold them individually.

The original Captain Britain comic was a big deal over here in the 70's. Not only was it a British Marvel superhero, but it was in colour too! All our Marvel reprints were b+w. The stories weren't great, though, even with Herb Trimpe doing the artwork.

They also had Fantastic Four, Nick Fury and Marvel Team-Up as back-up stories.

When the first comic finished, the stories continued to be published in the UK 70's Spider-Man weekly comics #231-253.

In the early 80's, new Cap Britain stories appeared in the UK monthly mag Marvel Superheroes, #377-389, I believe.

Then from 1985 he had his own monthly mag, which ran for at least 14 issues.

And somewhere inbetween, Cap Britain was published in the UK mag The Daredevils in the early 80's. I think much of the 80's stuff was done by Alan Moore and Alan Davis.

I may not be 100% correct on these issue numberings. I've had most of these in my time, but there were gaps in my collection.

I have a stack of them somewheres from when I bought them in the 80's. I have a trade that I think reprints most of the alan davis stuff, so that's out there also.

I have been coming across them at say an issue books for $8 NM (9.2) they are asking like $24 . The 2 early issuses had a mask and boomerang included. Those are missing in most and still askin about 2 or more time nm book for them. And again alot of people dont seem to have any issuses or barely any to begin with.

I am down to needing issue #24 for the whole run. :gossip:

You're best bet is probably to buy from a UK Ebay seller. The issues with free gifts will sell well, 10 GBP or so at least.

I had the entire set of the 70's weekly comic with the gifts until last year, when I sold them individually.

The original Captain Britain comic was a big deal over here in the 70's. Not only was it a British Marvel superhero, but it was in colour too! All our Marvel reprints were b+w. The stories weren't great, though, even with Herb Trimpe doing the artwork.

They also had Fantastic Four, Nick Fury and Marvel Team-Up as back-up stories.

When the first comic finished, the stories continued to be published in the UK 70's Spider-Man weekly comics #231-253.

In the early 80's, new Cap Britain stories appeared in the UK monthly mag Marvel Superheroes, #377-389, I believe.

Then from 1985 he had his own monthly mag, which ran for at least 14 issues.

And somewhere inbetween, Cap Britain was published in the UK mag The Daredevils in the early 80's. I think much of the 80's stuff was done by Alan Moore and Alan Davis.

I may not be 100% correct on these issue numberings. I've had most of these in my time, but there were gaps in my collection.

great knowledge. how about Spiderman and Zoids? I heard those were hard to get like Captain Britain

I'd say if you can get any of he 70's run for OSPG NM prices that are truly NM, then snag 'em. If I didn't already have #1, I'd pay double guide for a true NM. ;)

The later issues can be eve harder though. I've been lookng for a few years, and pass up alot of F-VF for about NM prices nearly every show I go to. :(

But, I've managed to get a few at batgain prices. And, truly hard to get solid copies with premiums for anything below guide.