• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed

46 posts in this topic

50% (or more) off guide sale...

That woke me up. :popcorn:

Me too, but I guess I'm new-fashioned, as I need scans to aid in the decision making.

Not going to scan $5-20 books. If people don't trust my grading by now, they never will. (shrug)

It's not that at all, it's flaw tolerance. Some folks don't mind stuff that others do.

I understand, but scanning a $5 book is a waste of time...especially when half of the requests I'd get would be from tire-kickers. :P

In fact, I am just going to pull the thread until I can figure out how to sell these.

Temperamental. :baiting:

Me too, but I guess I'm new-fashioned, as I need scans to aid in the decision making.

Not going to scan $5-20 books. If people don't trust my grading by now, they never will. (shrug)

It's not that at all, it's flaw tolerance. Some folks don't mind stuff that others do.

I understand, but scanning a $5 book is a waste of time...especially when half of the requests I'd get would be from tire-kickers. :P

In fact, I am just going to pull the thread until I can figure out how to sell these.

I agree with Andy. $5 book scans are retarded and I try not to bother. I've seen people grade and scan $2-3 book and it makes me (shrug) That said, people will respond to pictures better than descriptions. A group shot photo like Kenny suggested should be more than sufficient.

I agree with Andy. $5 book scans are retarded and I try not to bother. I've seen people grade and scan $2-3 book and it makes me (shrug) That said, people will respond to pictures better than descriptions. A group shot photo like Kenny suggested should be more than sufficient.

Sometimes craap is all we po' folks have to sell...., :sorry:

A book at any price is more likely to sell with a picture. I will very rarely buy a comic sight unseen and it may not have anything to do with my faith in the sellers grading skills. I just like to see what I'm buying.

A book at any price is more likely to sell with a picture. I will very rarely buy a comic sight unseen and it may not have anything to do with my faith in the sellers grading skills. I just like to see what I'm buying.

Makes perfect sense to see what it is we are buying. (thumbs u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efkiD5YfEMQ

;)

:screwy:

They will be back up for sale, I just need to figure out how to do it right. :makepoint:

If you want to spend hours scanning dollar books, good for you. Not worth my time. If they don't sell because of it, I won't lose any sleep.

No offense guys, but I really don't need a bunch of comments from the peanut gallery.

Run your sales threads how you see fit and I will do the same.

No offense guys, but I really don't need a bunch of comments from the peanut gallery.

Now that is some snazzy salesmanship! :roflmao:

I will go back to eating my peanuts now.

Later Andy

:hi:

So, how's this sales thread going? :popcorn:

So, how's this sales thread going? :popcorn:

Sold the Blue Beetles. Thanks for asking.

Quite frankly Andy, I figured since it was closed you wouldn't mind some comments. I was just saying that since I'm comfortable with your grading I don't need scans on low dollars books. But, if you wanted to acquiesce to those seeking a visual, pics would be plenty. There are some sellers that I wouldn't spend $5 with without a detailed scan but for you, a grade is plenty.

Quite frankly Andy, I figured since it was closed you wouldn't mind some comments. I was just saying that since I'm comfortable with your grading I don't need scans on low dollars books. But, if you wanted to acquiesce to those seeking a visual, pics would be plenty. There are some sellers that I wouldn't spend $5 with without a detailed scan but for you, a grade is plenty.

Wasn't referring to you. I appreciated your support. :foryou:

In any case, nothing to see here. For those who need scans, I will be listing some really nice books in a separate thread. Never say I don't try to accomodate...

I do see a similarity to the QualityComix thread where this same discussion broke out. As some may recall, I was on the side of Brent (and Andy) in saying that scans are generally not necessary to me, particularly on low-grade inexpensive books. Brent had quite good sales I thought. (He disagreed.)

Andy... two things.

Hopper rocks, and you are blessed to live near the Art Institute of Chicago, where you can go see 'The Nighthawks' any time you please. Not to mention the ridonculous Seurat, and the Monet haystacks.

Second... you don't need no stinkin' scans. I'd happily buy war books off you all day long if you had em up for sale, sans scans.

Shep

Andy... two things.

Hopper rocks, and you are blessed to live near the Art Institute of Chicago, where you can go see 'The Nighthawks' any time you please. Not to mention the ridonculous Seurat, and the Monet haystacks.

Second... you don't need no stinkin' scans. I'd happily buy war books off you all day long if you had em up for sale, sans scans.

Shep

Not to mention American Gothic is in Chicago also. Talk about surprised when my wife and I came on that gallery in the museum. We didn't know it was there. Breathtaking like when I saw my first Van Gogh in person. Does this qualify as fully derailed now?

Andy... two things.

Shep

Not to mention American Gothic is in Chicago also. Talk about surprised when my wife and I came on that gallery in the museum. We didn't know it was there. Breathtaking like when I saw my first Van Gogh in person. Does this qualify as fully derailed now?

I will never forget seeing my first Van Gogh (The Poplars at St. Remy) in person. I had never seen ANYTHING like it. The colors, the texture, the style....it blew every other peice of art I had ever seen out of the building. In my mind, there is Van Gogh, then there is everyone else. He was that good.