• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byrne X-Men CGC 9.6 (edited post, since the Wonder Woman books sold)

11 posts in this topic

The usual disclaimers: Please don't bid if you are on the probation list. Please don't bid if you plan not to pay. Please don't eat the daisies.

Shipping will be the absolute minimum cost to your zip code, I will ship to non-US addresses, but you may have to pay duty. I ship using bubblewrap, Tyvek, sturdy boxes, cardboard etc. Shipping construct is not guaranteed to stop a bullet, but should withstand most post office abuses.

I am not particularly good with scans, but I have transacted with many on the Boards, and have consigned/sold 4-figure and Pedigree books to auctioneers well known in this hobby. I have 100% feedback on feeBay, as if that matters. I am a card-carrying member of the Network of Disclosure, the Richard Petty Fan Club, and the long-defunct Marvelmania International.

Money-back if books purchased are not as described, though I won't be able to refund postage fees.

Wonder Woman 178 sold

Wonder Woman 180 sold

Wonder Woman 192 sold

Note that the X-Men books are 9/1980 to 3/1981.

X-Men 137 CGC 9.6 ow/WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL double sized issue "Phoenix Must Die" $125

X-Men 138 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs "Exit Cyclops" $75

X-Men 139 CGC 9.6 ow/ WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL "Kitty Pride Joins the X-Men" $75

X-Men 140 CGC 9.6 ow/ WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL Alpha Flight,Wendigo $75

X-Men 141 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL 1st Rachel, alternate future X-Men $125

X-Men 142 CGC 9.6 ow pgs OLD "RED" LABEL $100

X-Men 143 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL $65

Byrne X-Men LOT of 112, 113, 114, 121, 124 ,133, 136, ranging in the G to VG+ range. 37th Overstreet value of the lot $32 in good, several books VG+, yours for $15.

And since I just noticed this is my 1000th post, here's a few others:

Amazing Spiderman Annual #1 CGC 9.0 $1500

Captain America Comics #3 VG/VG+ unrestored $2500 (first Stan Lee)

Captain America #114 Boston pedigree (Bob Storms HGC graded 8.5) $50

Marvel Mystery Comics #9 on reserve

Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos #1 CGC 5.0 OW pgs $500

Sgt Fury and HIs Howling Commandos #13 CGC 9.0 COW pgs $700

Tales of Suspense #63 CGC 7.5 OW pgs Diamond Run pedigree certificate $200

(this book got downgraded for 1/2 inch tear on last two pages, looks much nicer)

Tales of Suspense #65 CGC 8.0 OW/W pgs Winnipeg pedigree with certificate $200

Tomb of Dracula #1 CGC 9.2 OW/W pgs $275

Serial #s available on request.

:takeit:

Wonder Woman 178 12 center - First New Look Wonder Woman, great psychedelic cover. The back cover is almost as great as the cover, since it is an original ad for the first Hot Wheels. Staples firmly attached, minimal rust at staples that does NOT go onto the supple white/ow pages. Art by the underrated Mike Sekowsky/Richard (that should keep the spoon away) Giordano combination, Denny O'Neill story. A couple of psychedelic splashes.

F/VF 7.0 37th Overstreet Guide $24 in 6.0/$49 in 8.0 Yours for $20

Wonder Woman 180 12 center - Death of Steve Trevor on page 19 (killed by fusillade of machine gun fire while WW watches helplessly). Swipe of Tec 31/Batman 227 on pane of page 18. Staples firmly attached, supple white pages. Again Sekowsky/Giordano/O'Neill.

F/VF 7.0 37th Overstreet Guide $15 in 6.0/$28 in 8.0 Yours for $12

Wonder Woman 192 15 center - Male bondage cover, 2 pages in the centerfold may be the best bonus in the book: a full-page Superman splash and brief origin recap from Superman 1 with updates to "current" 1971 Superman. Also may be the first appearance of the Kirby "Jimmy Olsen and the New Newsboy Legion" and the "new" Supergirl, each in one panel. Book is again very supple, white pages. Again Sekowsky/Giordano/O'Neill.

F 6.0 37th Overstreet Guide $15 in 6.0/$28 in 8.0 Yours for $7

:takeit:

I've edited out the Wonder Woman (Wonder Womans/Wonder Women?) and added some CGC 9.6 Byrne X-Men from the Death of Phoenix/alternate future storyline 1980-1981. Note that all but one of them are the early "red" label books, when (supposedly) grading standards were extremely tight. I think 4 of them are original submits from about 2000.

X-Men 137 CGC 9.6 ow/WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL double sized issue "Phoenix Must Die" $125

X-Men 138 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs "Exit Cyclops" $75

X-Men 139 CGC 9.6 ow/ WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL "Kitty Pride Joins the X-Men" $75

X-Men 140 CGC 9.6 ow/ WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL Alpha Flight,Wendigo $75

X-Men 141 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL 1st Rachel, alternate future X-Men $125

X-Men 142 CGC 9.6 ow pgs OLD "RED" LABEL $100

X-Men 143 CGC 9.6 WHITE pgs OLD "RED" LABEL $65