• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller in San Diego

16 posts in this topic

Friday, July 25

2:45-3:45 Lionsgate and Odd Lot Entertainment: The Spirit— Writer/director Frank Miller and producer Deborah Del Prete are joined by film stars Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson, and Eva Mendes in unveiling an exclusive preview of the new film based on the classic comic by Will Eisner. Hall H

Miller is at a panel in Hall H. Hall H is giant and the stage is about 10 feet off the ground. The chances he will sign are slim. Along with that if he signed it will be for 100 or less and Probably restricted to spirit memoribila. Even if you can convince Mr. Miller to sign non spirit items it will be one or two items at most. Any witness who got those would want them for themselves. So what the other guys are saying is true.

I agree with Kris. The only other chance is if Miller does something with the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, but they haven't sponsored a Miller signing in a while. They typically have a Thursday night reception/party and a Saturday night auction during the San Diego Con, so Frank could always pull a surprise appearance, but you would be lucky to get 1 item signed if it was on you and he was in a good mood. Typically, they just get Frank to sign a bunch of trades and sell the signed items at their booth.

I would check www.cbldf.org closer to the Con if you want something to do, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, sorry... I have a few items for him as well, but it'd be more lucky that I could curve the bullet *AND* kiss Angelina Jolie. :)

Joel