• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Here are some of my pieces that I've done in the last year or so since I've gotten back into drawing.

I normally draw on 14 x 17 paper and don't have a scanner so excuse the poor photos

534477_451837808187104_15251638_n.jpg

Captain America after Clayton Henry

550800_451837854853766_1124520581_n.jpg

Daredevil collage in progress

406311_415713408466211_867274495_n.jpg

Thanos after Ron Lim

I'm nobody's idea of a Frazetta, but this is the first time I've taken brush to canvas in close to a decade. Playing with mixing colors and ended up here after a couple hours... still needs a lot more work, but kinda proud of it so far.

fraz.jpg

Very nice! I actually did a charcoal of that very same comic.353.jpg

:luhv:

Is it appropriate to show an original inking of an image taken from a penciled work I don't own (non-published commission)? I know I can't go around selling prints, I just like the practice.

I know I've seen other threads in other forums discussing this, but I'm not sure what the general feeling was where no $$$ is involved. Simply the love of creating.

I'm attempting to locate the owner, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks :)

so you printed someone's commission and inked it? i think as long as you state that then you aren't trying to pass it off as your own and it should be okay

Nah, I'm a good boy.

If I ever make a print of it, it'll be as a gift for family or good friends, with 100% disclosure of what it is. The only thing original about the actual piece itself are the inks I did.

Inking is an art so I don't see a problem with it. No one seems to have a problem with people copying photos or doing cover recreations, so I say go for it :)

Is it appropriate to show an original inking of an image taken from a penciled work I don't own (non-published commission)? I know I can't go around selling prints, I just like the practice.

I know I've seen other threads in other forums discussing this, but I'm not sure what the general feeling was where no $$$ is involved. Simply the love of creating.

I'm attempting to locate the owner, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks :)

so you printed someone's commission and inked it? i think as long as you state that then you aren't trying to pass it off as your own and it should be okay

Nah, I'm a good boy.

If I ever make a print of it, it'll be as a gift for family or good friends, with 100% disclosure of what it is. The only thing original about the actual piece itself are the inks I did.

Inking is an art so I don't see a problem with it. No one seems to have a problem with people copying photos or doing cover recreations, so I say go for it :)

+1

Tons of dreams. I just feel like when I sleep I'm visiting the astral realm, and hot damn I must be having a great time because what I remember is nuts. Some of the things I can't even imagine...they have to be from someplace. Just nuts man

highlighting tells you secrets

etwer.jpg

Pencils for page 8 of a book I'm working on. No action here, just dialog and backgrounds. I guess everything can't be fight scenes :)

page8b.jpg

Medusa and a cover re-creation of GL 49. Both still need touch ups.

FC6EA9C2-A2C5-40D1-B38E-1CF9110CA38C-22037-0000062EE9735C0C.jpg

796AD42A-8D95-48D1-A127-330D48006ACE-22037-0000062EDA0FF5C2.jpg

Those are cool but, and pardon my ignorance, whats on the inside pages ? I remember the GL one. I think it was a Mignola hm

Medusa and a cover re-creation of GL 49. Both still need touch ups.

Those are cool but, and pardon my ignorance, whats on the inside pages ? I remember the GL one. I think it was a Mignola hm

The FF is the blank variant of FF#1 from the new Marvel Now series. The GL #13 is the Blank variant that came out a few months back.

Whipped up this Crypt Keeper today.

Today? :o

(worship)

Six hours well spent! And thanks! I think it turned out well (lousy picture doesn't really capture it - will repost tomorrow).