• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I'm not trying to hog the thread with this, but here is a better picture of the CK from yesterday. Shows much better!

Mio-142-1.jpg

And thanks for all the praise - my painting has come a long way since the spring!

Edited by Mio

This is from a shoot I did Saturday night. The NSFW shots can be seen on my Flickr account (which you can sign in using Google, Yahoo or Facebook) at www.flickr.com/dwshoots

(I actually built the box too specifically for this shoot)

This isn't full resolution as I'm making this available as a print.

f1993329f4690555f96098587d126d03.jpg

I love the back shot of her spine:

8260485190_9c4e9299ef_z.jpg

Something about those shots always intrigued me, I have one of my own:

p_courtney04.jpg

And I'm really liking those ones on the stairs. The skin contrast to the grey graininess of the wood is really quite gorgeous. (worship)

I did a group show a few years back with a guy who draws insanely detailed pencil illustrations on matchbooks - and the concept really intrigued me. Every so often I find matchbook that I think would be fun to draw on, and last week, I found an old WWII matchbook that looked perfect for a Captain America drawing at an antique store.

The pulpiness of the 70 year old paper was giving me some problems and being out a little rusty on my teenie-tiny drawing skills kept this from being as tight as I wanted, but still fun to do.

CAPMATCHBOOK.jpg

I did a group show a few years back with a guy who draws insanely detailed pencil illustrations on matchbooks - and the concept really intrigued me. Every so often I find matchbook that I think would be fun to draw on, and last week, I found an old WWII matchbook that looked perfect for a Captain America drawing at an antique store.

The pulpiness of the 70 year old paper was giving me some problems and being out a little rusty on my teenie-tiny drawing skills kept this from being as tight as I wanted, but still fun to do.

CAPMATCHBOOK.jpg

Very cool! love that you did it on a matchbook that was pushing war bonds. :applause:

CAPMATCHBOOK.jpg

Very cool! love that you did it on a matchbook that was pushing war bonds. :applause:

I really wished there had been more at the show - I was thinking about doing a few more different Captain America styles on them, but I'll just have to keep my eye out. My wife and I hit the antique shops once ever few months, so I'll be on the lookout for more.

I love the back shot of her spine:

8260485190_9c4e9299ef_z.jpg

Something about those shots always intrigued me, I have one of my own:

p_courtney04.jpg

And I'm really liking those ones on the stairs. The skin contrast to the grey graininess of the wood is really quite gorgeous. (worship)

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it.

The back shot of mine you've posted I found interesting because she has a vertebrae out of alignment.

The model on the stairs is the same person too btw.

No shortage of models contacting me now which is allowing me to be more picky.

That's when things get good - you can pick and chose, which usually leads to better end results. That's awesome - congrats!

I am not much of an artist but I do enjoy drawing and what not. Here is something I did just the other day:

wze2ml.gif

Another I drew for a friend:

Eywp5l.gif

Some more of my work you can check out.

I like it. You seem to have a strong leaning towards design. What happened on that Gorilla one ? Looks like one of you kids got ahold of it before you finished lol

Yea, I know... you meant to do that :sorry: