• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Thank you both :)

I used Faber Castell's XS, S, & B pens

What paper did you use?

I have Faber Castell's but never had results like you have had there.

I'd love my line work to be as clean as yours.

Thank you both :)

I used Faber Castell's XS, S, & B pens

What paper did you use?

I have Faber Castell's but never had results like you have had there.

I'd love my line work to be as clean as yours.

Comic book board (reverse side). I can't remember right now what the brand is hm

First off, I want to let everyone know that I've read through the entire thread and admire everyone's work!

One of the reasons I joined the boards was as a way to learn more about comics & their history because I teach art and I think that it would be well received amongst the junior high set.

I want Mrs. Winter to be remembered as the coolest art teacher ever. :)

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is because I was commissioned to draw Storm. I have a fine arts background, done a little illustration, but have never attempted comics/heroes, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a quick sketch I started last night...

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Personally, I don't feel like she's dynamic enough...

You can be brutal. I can take it.

It's a cool pose. It's got the necessary power for a superheroine but also enough rhythm for the requisite sex appeal. I like your cartooning of her face -- just enough nuanced features to give her her own look & not simply a generic female comic book face.

WTTB! :applause:

First off, I want to let everyone know that I've read through the entire thread and admire everyone's work!

One of the reasons I joined the boards was as a way to learn more about comics & their history because I teach art and I think that it would be well received amongst the junior high set.

I want Mrs. Winter to be remembered as the coolest art teacher ever. :)

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is because I was commissioned to draw Storm. I have a fine arts background, done a little illustration, but have never attempted comics/heroes, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a quick sketch I started last night...

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Personally, I don't feel like she's dynamic enough...

You can be brutal. I can take it.

A background with some lightning/rain, could make up for a lack of a classic dynamic pose. Good job for a 1st attempt though.