• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my SA/BA High Grade collection

15 posts in this topic

Well, after collecting comics since 1988 and buying and selling on eBay since 1999 under the ID of all4comics... I've decided to get out of the hobby for good.

The collection consist of about 5 short boxes of SA high grade all in Mylar’s and about 7 long boxes of high grade SA/BA. There's also a high grade collection of MAD's ranging from #24 to #110 and Horror theme Mag's all in High grade from 1968 to 1974. All have been placed in thick Mylite's and boarded. When I say high grade, most will fall in the following percentage. (30% VF/NM) (35% VF/VF+) (20% NM-/NM) and the rest are FN+ or higher. There are a lot of HG horror comics from 1969 to 1974 as well. Sorry, there are NO CGC's and no comics with Restoration of any kind. A lot of the VF/NM and higher Marvel’s from 1964 to 1969 all come from an original owner’s collection that was sold on consignment on eBay over 4 years ago.

I'm still trying to figure out how's the best way for me to sell everything in one shoot. I figure I would start here. I live in Ottawa, Ontario in Canada. I have a detailed list of most Marvels’ priced over $100 but I don't have one for the DC comics. The big key books and low numbers like 1-10 Marvels’ have been already sold at a premium. There’s still some nice issues like DD #7, ASM #18, TOS #48, #59, TTA #60, SS #4, X-Men #13, 14, 15, GSXMen #1 along with a lot of others still in this collection. Not much in terms of GA, but there is a very nice unrestored PEP COMICS #26 I'm not looking to give them away or looking for top $$ either. If you're a serious buyer/collector and are interested in my collection, please email me at all4comics@hotmail.com and I will send you detailed list and further information. Please note I'm only testing the waters at this point. Meaning, I'm not desperate to sell. I will also not slit the collection or sell any individual comics. I’m also very busy and travel a lot, so delay in reply might last a couple of days. I don't think I could mail such a collection either. So this might be a local pick up only. Any help or advice would be most appreciated. All the best, Miles

I'm working on a revised list right now. By this weekend, I will send everyone the list. PEP comics #26 is no longer part of the collection. Trust me; this will be the only comic that leaves the total collection. I will also provide a break down of what's in the 7 long boxes. Most are VF/NM or better. NO JUNK. Trust me; this will be a very nice high grade collection for anyone who buys it. Seems like the radio is about 70% VF+/NM or higher. Less then 1% is FN in the WHOLE collection.

I'm working on a revised list right now. By this weekend, I will send everyone the list. PEP comics #26 is no longer part of the collection. Trust me; this will be the only comic that leaves the total collection. I will also provide a break down of what's in the 7 long boxes. Most are VF/NM or better. NO JUNK. Trust me; this will be a very nice high grade collection for anyone who buys it. Seems like the radio is about 70% VF+/NM or higher. Less then 1% is FN in the WHOLE collection.

No thanks for the list but I did get your mass email telling me I won't be getting the list. And now I'm getting a bunch of "reply alls" when I specifically asked you not to give my email address out. I wonder who got hosed by buying your stuff?

No thanks for the list but I did get your mass email telling me I won't be getting the list. And now I'm getting a bunch of "reply alls" when I specifically asked you not to give my email address out. I wonder who got hosed by buying your stuff?

Most of those replies would be mine.

lol

Ed, I emailed him back after the first mass email and asked him to BCC everyone so the email addresses could not be seen. He said he would and then didn't.

Oh yeah, he also replied "I wish you no luck and an early death"

:screwy:

Saw those emails and rushed to the boards to see if the slagging had started. Hey sounds like he got a nice chunk of change for the books but it wouldn't have hurt to keep people in the loop or at least let them know that an offer was pending. Roy the comment he made to you was just plain stupid.

So WTF happened?

I didn't get any emails, even though I requested it, live in Ottawa and have a ton of ready cash in the bank.

Then again, sounds like a real FUBAR going on here, so maybe I was lucky. lol

READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP - ALL IN ALL PRETTY CHILDISH BUT FUN NONETHELESS. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AS PER THE NORM.

-----------------------

Miles you spammed the forums wanting to sell your books...said you wanted to get

as much as possible for the books. What if someone else had $45,000 or $50,000 cash.

I guess now you will never know.

When you leave the hobby there will be plenty of time for you to self examine

yourself.

lol!

I'm not upset that you sold your books, everyone is upset because you strung

everyone along and then gave no body the opportunity. Like I said, no class.

Your final sentance to me (quoted below) just confirms what a class act you are.

Cheers!

R.

Quoting Miles Broughton :

>

> U try to say no to $40000 cash... I'm so glad to be out of the comic

> hobby. No more heads like you to deal with.. I wish u no luck and

> an early death

>

>

> Miles I read you two years ago when you wouldn't answer my pm's for a

> simple

> hello, just because we were in the same industry. You are an and a