• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unworthy slabbing?

19 posts in this topic

Ive been sitting back and watching all kinds of lovely, and pricey, CGC books being shown on other threads. They are without doubt very worthy of having been slabbed. Im wondering though how many of you have books that are slabbed that are totally WORTHLESS. See, im not talking about a book that you thought was gonna do well but ended up getting the dreaded purple label of death, or any high end book in a 1.5 that you decided to slab just because its a high end yet low grade book. Im talking about books that arent worth the price of a bag of chips, neverless the cost of slabbing them. Stuff that you send to get slabbed for sentimental......or other "mentally" related reasons. Your first comic, your favorite cover of a long-forgotten series, whatever the reason. I welcome everyone to post some pics, i need a good laugh. insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I've got a Dynamic Forces X-men #25 that I sent to CGC with my first batch a couple of years ago. It came back a 6.0! Thats pretty worthless. I also have a Martha Washington Goes to War #1 graded at 7.0, also prett sheit, this was the limited sunset rewd version, only 50 made, but it still doesnt sell!

A couple of years ago (I think I mentioned it in an old thread) I came home as drunk as the lord and thought it would be a good idea to go and do some bidding. I woke up the next day with a beauty of an hangover and found out I was the proud owner of a Batgirl #2 in a pristine 9.4. I keep it where I can see it, to remind me that drinking and computing do not mix. foreheadslap.gif

A couple of years ago (I think I mentioned it in an old thread) I came home as drunk as the lord and thought it would be a good idea to go and do some bidding. I woke up the next day with a beauty of an hangover and found out I was the proud owner of a Batgirl #2 in a pristine 9.4. I keep it where I can see it, to remind me that drinking and computing do not mix. foreheadslap.gif
\

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

I slabbed a Batman #13, awesome looking cover, but it was missing a page and came back .5 Poor! I also sent in a More Fun Comics #73 with a detached cover that came back a 1.0 Fair, but that was one of those key rare books so it was expected low grade (thought it might get a 1.5 or 1.8 though). I haven't really slabbed any moderns and gotten burned yet.

please keep the link to my ebay store handy next time you are inebriated...

I think they're typing in a white font.

I'm too lazy to cut & paste ... someone tell me what it says.

As for bad grades ...

I am the proud owner of a Hero for Hire 14 (Luke Cage comic) in 4.0

NICE! -

At least I was drunk.