• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! GPA raises prices

239 posts in this topic

People complain about price but always want more service.

Not in this case - they want the same service for the same price.

Actually hasn't GPA been upgraded?

And that's the point - it's a forced upgrade, with a deletion of the previous service/price combo. What if you don't want or desire the "new" level of service at the "increased" price?

And sure, companies are allowed to jack prices up, but don't spout off like it's a good thing and previous baseline customers should be ecstatic. :screwy:

the service is invaluable but it feels like i'm being asked to subsidize: the stiffs that consistently ask for GPA info or that piggyback someone else's subscription or greggy
:(

greggy is an international conglomerate that occasional requires large infusions of to stay afloat. However, the positives generated from entertainment and tourism alone far outweigh any of the negative consequences. Y'all come back and see us again. Ya' hear. (thumbs u

They went several years without raising prices, and all the while the inflation rate made your $6.95 worth less than it was when you first signed up. This is the first price increase in something like six years. Either end your subscription, or if you still want to use the service, get over it. (shrug)

That's the way I see it.

And that's the point - it's a forced upgrade, with a deletion of the previous service/price combo. What if you don't want or desire the "new" level of service at the "increased" price?

And sure, companies are allowed to jack prices up, but don't spout off like it's a good thing and previous baseline customers should be ecstatic. :screwy:

Did you have a GPA subscription?

I did. I just haven't bought or sold much CGC in the last couple of years so I dropped it.

On that note, what does that have to do with anything?

I did. I just haven't bought or sold much CGC in the last couple of years so I dropped it.

On that note, what does that have to do with anything?

I was asking JC. I was wondering if he felt wronged in some way because he is a paying customer or if he was just complaining in general with no vested interest as usual.

I was wondering if he felt wronged in some way because he is a paying customer or if he was just complaining in general with no vested interest as usual.

I thought that went without saying.

Jesus H Christ, all this moaning over a $3 dollar a month increase doh!

You have got to be ting me

Well, it is the boards. You can cover that by just not smoking one cigarette a day :tonofbricks:

I just pay the yearly rate and use it when I want.

Actually I think I paid for the higher tier service. Maybe I should use the system more, since I hardly ever go there anyway.

Well, it is the boards. You can cover that by just not smoking one cigarette a day :tonofbricks:

How about buying one less Modern or Variant a month?

and no, I did not request nor need extra features.

Actually, I don't like to scroll down to see 300 issues of one comic.

:sumo:

Exactly!! :sumo:

Ditto!! :sumo: Now I have to scroll through 800+ issues of Detective Comics. Ridiculous.

Awesome! ting now gets through the filter!

I'm with Nik on this one - and as anybody I've bought books from will attest to - I am King Cheap.

Unfortunately, what many do not realize is... in addition to the "Ask for free when they truly use it enough to warrant buying it" group that avoids paying GPA fees... there are also MANY people (soon to be much fewer) "sharing" a single account? What's worse is there are also groups of 3 or more. The largest known group has (8) people in it! That's BS!

Are you guys sure sharing an account is as out of control as this? Groups of 3 or more? I check GPA from both my home and work computers. If you check my account, you'll see logins from 2 different IPs. Would you draw the conclusion I am sharing an account from that?

EXACTLY.

Stop forcing higher levels of service (and higher prices) on people that did not ask for a higher service level.

A 40% price increase is just ridiculous. It is as bad as the price increases at the grocery stores.

Another example of, frankly, greed.

There's no way oil prices have increased their expenses by 40%.

They provide service on the internet for cryiny out loud. No shipping expenses. No gas surcharge necessary.

Jump on the price increase wagon, like all business today.

Adding these "extras" costs them nothing.

It's B.S.

I can give you one prediction on GPA - most sales in the foreseeable future will end at "below previous GPA average", or something similar.

As for me, I don't use it.

Not the books I've been watching.

:eek:

EXACTLY.

Stop forcing higher levels of service (and higher prices) on people that did not ask for a higher service level.

A 40% price increase is just ridiculous. It is as bad as the price increases at the grocery stores.

Another example of, frankly, greed.

There's no way oil prices have increased their expenses by 40%.

They provide service on the internet for cryiny out loud. No shipping expenses. No gas surcharge necessary.

Jump on the price increase wagon, like all business today.

Adding these "extras" costs them nothing.

It's B.S.

I agree. Those magic elves that do all the work, like with the Cobbler's shoes, work for free.