• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller's THE SPIRIT trailer

8 posts in this topic

I'm positive that there will be fanboys here that are pumped up for this:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thespirit/large.html

But in my opinion, this looks like a piece of mess. First of all, "Will Eisner's Spirit"? What about this looks like something Will Eisner would have done? If you showed me this trailer without the voiceover or the titles, I would have said it was a trailer for a forthcoming Sin City 2. Frank Miller's gas tank is officially empty.

Jesus H, this looks horrible, and solidifies my opinion that Frank Miller should stick to comics and be only peripherally involved on the production end (like 300 and Sin City).

You kids crack me up - the movies not due out for another 5-6 months and you're already bashing it based on a trailer...

seems to have a very Sin City bent going on and i liked that flick a lot...we'll see...

off to see the Dark Knight...gonna be interesting to see how well this does this weekend. The buzz seems warranted based on the recent overwhelming positive Critic response.