• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN NYC TODAY..........

18 posts in this topic

....and will be looking at comic stores. Any suggestions on which to go to & which to stay away from? Looking for back issues. (shrug)

Also, no plans for lunch. If any boardie wants to meet, I am thinking of eating around 12:30. PM me if you want to grab some grub.

The best stores in NYC that I can think of (Midtown, Cosmic Comics, Jim Hanleys) don't generally focus on the type of books I assume you're after (GA, Atom Age, early Silver).

As for the shops in the Village, none of them specialize in back issues that much either, if at all.

There is that Metro place I've heard so much about, although it's not a shop. :P

What Brian said. The Time Machine (on West 14th St, a few doors down from the corner of 7th Ave).

Jim Hanley's (West 33rd St, across from the Empire State Building) has fewer back issues, but enormous stock of current books/TPBs/reprint books and is a fun place to browse.

Welcome to the Apple, Steve!

....and will be looking at comic stores. Any suggestions on which to go to & which to stay away from? Looking for back issues. (shrug)

Also, no plans for lunch. If any boardie wants to meet, I am thinking of eating around 12:30. PM me if you want to grab some grub.

Too bad I just saw this. PM me next time :baiting:

Too bad I just saw this. PM me next time :baiting:
You just wanted a free lunch.

Steve Borock sightings?

Look, you can only ride the "I was somebody" so far.

Now you are just dealer scum.

I for one Welcome you back into the original NOD - Network of Deceivers.

lol