• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen page

26 posts in this topic

I'd take 12 great interior pages with key characters/storylines over those 12 covers any day. And I suspect I'm not the only one.

Agreed and that's coming from someone who has little interest in panel pages. I have no nostalgia for the series, so it's not like I can recall seeing the covers on the stands.

If I remember correctly, one of the covers was never returned to Dave Gibbons and presumably lost by the printers. Dave did a recreation of that cover and is part of the set. I can't recall which cover it was but anyone with the auction catalog can look it up.

Cheers!

N

If I remember correctly, one of the covers was never returned to Dave Gibbons and presumably lost by the printers. Dave did a recreation of that cover and is part of the set. I can't recall which cover it was but anyone with the auction catalog can look it up.

Cheers!

N

That was the cover to 11 (predominantly white background) and due to the lack of detail was presumed to be production art at DC. It was consequently returned (and sold) after the recreation had been done, altho I believe you are correct that Shamus bought the re-creation. From the relatively simple nature of the 11 cover I suspect most collectors wouldn't be too fussed that it was a contemporary re-creation (imo)CheersJosephhttp://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=9492

Cheers!

N

That was the cover to 11 (predominantly white background) and due to the lack of detail was presumed to be production art at DC. It was consequently returned (and sold) after the recreation had been done, altho I believe you are correct that Shamus bought the re-creation. From the relatively simple nature of the 11 cover I suspect most collectors wouldn't be too fussed that it was a contemporary re-creation (imo)CheersJosephhttp://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=9492
Didn't the cover to #11 surface on eBay recently? I can't recall the auction details, but I don't think it met reserve at around $1.5K?Anyone with a better memory please feel free to chime in... (thumbs u