• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... Who's the New "3rd" Grader? (not to be confused with "3rd Grader")

55 posts in this topic

I may be wrong, but I think there are at least a dozen people grading at CGC.

I think that is likely closer to the number.

I don't see how they could have graded over a million books during the past seven years with just three graders....

You're right guys. There is more than the former "big three" but aside from West, I personally can't name any of them besides maybe one modern grader... Shawn Caffrey? I'm aware that the grading of moderns (and/or 1975 and up) fell into the hands of other graders besides the "big three" but I was also under the impression that Steve, Mark & Paul handled the bulk of the 1974 and older submission grading. Of course I could be mistaken. Someone set me straight if I am (Borock?)

Either way, assuming I'm somewhat accurate in my understanding, if the more experienced graders did indeed grade a high percentage of the 1974 and older books because that was the most critical area...stands to reason that the missing position within the former "big three'" could be filled perhaps with another experienced, higher-profile grader.

(shrug) just wondering who that might be unless a different course is taken.

I may be wrong, but I think there are at least a dozen people grading at CGC.

I think that is likely closer to the number.

I don't see how they could have graded over a million books during the past seven years with just three graders....

You're right guys. There is more than the former "big three" but aside from West, I personally can't name any of them besides maybe one modern grader named Shawn M.? I'm aware that the grading of moderns (and/or 1975 and up) fell into the hands of other graders besides the "big three" but I was also under the impression that Steve, Mark & Paul handled the bulk of the 1974 and older submission grading. Of course I could be mistaken. Someone set me straight if I am (Borock?)

When I had lunch with Steve and Paul a year and a half ago, It was my understanding that Steve was responsible for the majority of the GA, Paul took care of the Moderns and Mark was big on the resto check. Nothing etched in stone reguarding my post but, that's the way I remember it.

...but it still takes (3) graders to complete the process, so they had to assist each other either way. I also can't imagine Mark taking a majority resto role (at least while Freisen was there). Plus... where did the SA and Early BA responsibilities go in that scenario?

Borock will clear this up for us when he's done going through all of NY's long boxes... and wine.

Actually, that raises a good point...

Who can confirm that Chris Friesen still works at CGC? (shrug)

Here's a link about the graders.

http://www.cgccomics.com/about/the_graders.asp

Dang... I was looking for that but couldn't find it. doh!

Looks like they have to bump Steveo out of there.

I bet everyone just moved up the ladder by one rung.

That's a strong possibility!

Makes sense... I suppose someone at CGC will let us know when they have a minute. I'm guessing they may be a little busy adapting to "no-Steve-at-all" syndrome.