• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping OA from U.S. to Europe

6 posts in this topic

I searched the archives as I sure this topic has been discussed before but have not located any previous forum.

Do any Board members have any suggestions for shipping OA from the United States to almost any other country where the charges are not astronomical?

The OA I have is less than $300. Shipping to Europe by Fedex International Economy Grade is estimated at $90 with their fuel surcharge. For high priced art, this would not be an issue but for lower priced art, it's high.

I am also looking into US Postal Priority Mail International which their website estimates are at $40. I use priority mail domestically without a problem but am not sure if they are reliable for overseas delivery.

I'm sure the reverse is also true when shipping to the U.S. from other countries.

Any suggestions for a reasonable, reliable shipping method?

Thanks

Cheers!

Nelson

Hey Nelson,

I ship MANY piece of OA overseas and almost always use the USPS. Thankfully there hasn't been many issues with them, but I would definitely suggest you go with an express service and tracking.

DHL isn't bad for Int'l packages too.

I've been buying OA from the USA for over 25 years. Never had a problem.

USPS is a good option. For high-end pieces I opt for Global Priority with tracking (as I can monitor each parcel's progress and know when to be on hand when the postman knocks).