• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody post some GA pics from SDCC!!!...... please

130 posts in this topic

How do prices at cons compare with ebay/comiclink/metro and all the other internet options? I would like to eventually get to one, maybe Chicago next year. Besides the experience of the convention and getting to see all those books, should I expect to pay more or less for golden age books compared to the internet? For example, the Batman 1, Pep 22, Marvel Mystery #4 shown in the photo above.
My experience is that most dealers build in negotiation room into their prices. Therefore, they are higher than the internet before haggling.

How do prices at cons compare with ebay/comiclink/metro and all the other internet options? ... should I expect to pay more or less for golden age books compared to the internet? For example, the Batman 1, Pep 22, Marvel Mystery #4 shown in the photo above.

Since BC has offered all these on the internet already (and sometimes at "no reserve") I think it would be safe to say the prices are higher in person - at least for these particular books.

How do prices at cons compare with ebay/comiclink/metro and all the other internet options? ... should I expect to pay more or less for golden age books compared to the internet? For example, the Batman 1, Pep 22, Marvel Mystery #4 shown in the photo above.

Since BC has offered all these on the internet already (and sometimes at "no reserve") I think it would be safe to say the prices are higher in person - at least for these particular books.

doh! doh! doh! doh!

A shrinking Dealer's room in San Diego to be sure, but there ARE some nice books to be had:

You mean there WERE some nice books to be had. Looks like you cleaned them out.

I was thinking the same! Never would have guessed he had signed anything. That's great!

I was thinking as you do until recently when I noticed that the Who's Who shows he was born in 1920. He was 16 when he started work at the Chesler studio and Centaur!! In fact, his name is associated with the Comics Journal issue 70 from 1982. Does anyone here have that issue and would be willing to scan the Schwab material? :wishluck:

Also I wonder if Jon B. ever met Schwab and if so, I'd love to hear his recollections! :popcorn: