• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it that WBN 32 is such a key ish?

56 posts in this topic

Now, don't get me wrong, Werewolf by Night is my favorite horror genre comic, and one of my favorites period(especially the Ploog art), but how has this issue gotten so popular? I can understand TOD 10 w/ Blade, but MoonKnight, is it simply because of the TOD 10 popularity creeped over into WBN. In other words, why isn't Topaz's first app. not more treasured, she was a much bigger charecter that MK? confused-smiley-013.gif

I ahve to agree with OG, who is Topaz? Moon Knight is a much bigger character than Blade. If the movie hadn't been made, TOD #10 would not command the price it does, Blade is not that interesting of a character. Even outside the movie, he hasn't been that influential a character. Moon Knight on the other hand has had several of his own titles, one-shots, limited series, and crossover appearances.

Topaz was Jack's love interest for most of the book. She was a telepath kinda witch, and could control Jack when he was the werewolf. She first appeared in ish 13, and was the blond in the WBN 15 and TOD 18 x-over. She was the one that wanted to help Jack break the curse, and they went to Trans to find the history of the family curse, Drac kidnapped her because she reminded him of a lost love etc.... Anyway, a much bigger charecter tham MK.

Blade not an influential charecter? Blade was one of the key charecters from TOD 10 on. MK only WBN 32 & 33.

Not getting the answerers you're looking for? Ok, try this one then:

I know! What the hell are collectors thinking?! Blade is the bomb and MK sucks! TOD #10 should be worth like a zillion dollars dude!

Better? confused-smiley-013.gif

Were missing the point here, I DO think it is a BA key, my real question is-WHY? Topaz had a more direct link to the comic as did Blade in TOD 10. I love WBN 32, but why do we love it and want it in our collections-what makes it a key other than 1st app. and origin?, or is that enough-just a question-not an argument.

Were missing the point here, I DO think it is a BA key, my real question is-WHY? Topaz had a more direct link to the comic as did Blade in TOD 10. I love WBN 32, but why do we love it and want it in our collections-what makes it a key other than 1st app. and origin?, or is that enough-just a question-not an argument.

KEY, KEY BOOK or KEY ISSUE

An issue that contains a first appearance, origin, or other historically or artistically important feature considered especially desirable by collectors.Overstreet Price Guide

Moon Knight is a much more popular character overall in the comic community. I would place him in the B-grade hero catagory. Blade I would place in the C-grade catagory. Topaz, while important to Werewolf, has no connection to the rest of the comic book universe. She is a supporting character or little recognition, not in the same context as say Aunt May, Jarvis, Alfred, or many others.

Also, let me make it clear, I have a slabbed 9.2 of WBN 32(along with the entire run) 3 WBN 32 in all, I just have never understood the popularity of the charecter?

If you're sellin' ...then I'm buyin'...PM me if you care to negotiate... thumbsup2.gif