• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lost two bids for Batman 155 this weekend, how was everyone else's hunting...

13 posts in this topic

You are going to have one heck of a nice X-Men run. How many more of the original series (i.e. X-Men #1-66) do you need?

One a different note, I won a Tales of Suspense #42 CGC 9.0, at a very reasonable price so it was a good weekend for me (but missed out on the JIM #85 in CGC 9.0 that Ross won).

I picked up a NM+ set of Volumes 1 and 2 of Barry Ween for 25 cents each. (9 issues - $2.25.)

Another Swamp Thing #37, Punisher Limited Series #1, another Punisher lmted set of 1-5, and about 300 NM assorted books mostly 25 cents or less. (full sets of Camelot #3000, Amethyst (don't ask), etc.)

Also received Avengers 101-200 in the mail, but they were massively overgraded.

You are going to have one heck of a nice X-Men run. How many more of the original series (i.e. X-Men #1-66) do you need?

One a different note, I won a Tales of Suspense #42 CGC 9.0, at a very reasonable price so it was a good weekend for me (but missed out on the JIM #85 in CGC 9.0 that Ross won).

The JIM are so difficult to find in high grade. I lucked out on Ebay in it's early years and picked up a serious run from 87 to 127 in 8.5 to 9.4. For my X-men, I have a full run several times over. I am currently working on having all in 9.4 or above- I have 30 issues prior to 66 that are not 9.4's and only 16 of them are less then 8.0's. Right now my major issues that I am looking for are :

90, 83, 73, 49, 46, 39, 35, 18, 17, 15

I really thought that my X-men collection was one of the better ones out there until I looked at the best collections in the CGC registry - there is one guy who has nearly every thing in 9.6 and 9.4 except for issue one. That type of collection ( or Brulato's - spelling? ) really put mine to shame.

That is a nice pick up on the TOS 42, I personally think those TOS issues prior to 50 are the hardest to find. For a CGC 9.0 on the 42 you picked up, if you paid less then $450 then you got a sweet deal.

Tom

I picked up a NM+ set of Volumes 1 and 2 of Barry Ween for 25 cents each. (9 issues - $2.25.)

Another Swamp Thing #37, Punisher Limited Series #1, another Punisher lmted set of 1-5, and about 300 NM assorted books mostly 25 cents or less. (full sets of Camelot #3000, Amethyst (don't ask), etc.)

Also received Avengers 101-200 in the mail, but they were massively overgraded.

Amethyst and Camelot 3000? confused-smiley-013.gif

Amethyst and Camelot 3000? confused-smiley-013.gif

Um yeah... Camelot 3000 was a Brian Bolland art effort and was the first Maxi-series I think. Plus I have about 20 copies of #1, multiples copies of the other issues, etc. so I'm trying to put together some complete sets so that others can enjoy reading this series on the cheap.

Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld.. I have no excuses for. crazy.gif