• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll on Number of Pages of Items, Best Practices

Number of Pages  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Pages

24 posts in this topic

I usually just look at the threads by lowest post count then I know something new. If there is to many pages I don't bother with the thread since to lazy to look through so many pages to find out what is new and whats leftover and such. The people that have the infinite threads I don't even bother with.

Yeah, me too. Who has the time to work through 10+ pages, particularly if the thread title is vague to begin with? The worst threads are the ones where someone posts one or two things -- often not what the title says -- and then goes to bed or a movie or something, so the thread has five or six pages of people ragging on the seller before he shows back up again to post another book or two. The best threads have a few books or lots, all shown or listed in the first post. That way potential buyers know what you have to sell, can :takeit: or pm or move on. I realize, though, that for some "sellers" moving books is a secondary consideration to having a fun back and forth with their buddies on the board.

No problem with lots of books in 1 thread but always a good idea for the seller to post occasional 'whats left' updates.

(thumbs u

I usually just look at the threads by lowest post count then I know something new. If there is to many pages I don't bother with the thread since to lazy to look through so many pages to find out what is new and whats leftover and such. The people that have the infinite threads I don't even bother with.

This is pretty much what I do too . . . I figure if the thread already has 100 views, the sharks have already circled :grin:

:gossip: Although there is always a "diamond in the rough" to be found :)