• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Actual super powers?

47 posts in this topic

Wow. Never heard of Tony Jaa and he is very impressive. Of course, just like the WWF, that video you have linked is highly choreographed. No doubt he could kick some butt though. But, Bruce Lee could have beat him.
The only reason i linked to that vid was for the b-ball kick. Do not underestimate his fighting skills. I would probably pick Bruce to win too but Lee(at his peek)vs Jaa would be an absolutely epic fight.

Jaa seems superhuman just for his sheer acrobatic skills and command over his own body. He has said that when he was young and growing up in an impoverished area, when he would see a martial arts movie he knew nothing of the wires used. He thought it was all real. He worked very hard to learn to do the same things, only minus the wires.

A case could be made for Mozart I guess. But not really.

Now...................

of all the ones thus mentioned, which would you choose for yourself, for their main skills or abilities?

Mozart

John Holmes

Tony Jaa

Rasputin

Ted Bundy

someone with an IQ off the charts

Wayne Gretski

Barack Obama

Michael Jordan

Jim Thorpe

David Blane

Tiger Woods

Audey Murphy or any Medal of Honor winner

Bruce Lee

someone who can fold a map with one hand

Edgar Cayce

Elvis

Mr. Olympia

Count Dante ????????????

Albert Einstein

Stephen Hawking

MedicAR the inefective communicator and discontent maker

Tough choice to narrow it down to one. My final choice would be..........................

Elvis. He had powers out of this world. Just ask my wife. :)

It's a no-brainer for me. It would be Leonardo Da Vinci - his ability to conceptualize most anything (look at what he designed on paper, that wasn't to be built for centuries to come).

Otherwise Isambard Brunel, one of the most brilliant engineers, I reckon he could build most anything.

A case could be made for Mozart I guess. But not really.

Now...................

of all the ones thus mentioned, which would you choose for yourself, for their main skills or abilities?

Mozart

John Holmes

Tony Jaa

Rasputin

Ted Bundy

someone with an IQ off the charts

Wayne Gretski

Barack Obama

Michael Jordan

Jim Thorpe

David Blane

Tiger Woods

Audey Murphy or any Medal of Honor winner

Bruce Lee

someone who can fold a map with one hand

Edgar Cayce

Elvis

Mr. Olympia

Count Dante ????????????

Albert Einstein

Stephen Hawking

MedicAR the inefective communicator and discontent maker

Tough choice to narrow it down to one. My final choice would be..........................

Elvis. He had powers out of this world. Just ask my wife. :)

Bruce Lee. It's physical prowess I need. IQ's already off the charts ;)

"It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory..."

The Mad Monk, Rasputin, was believed to have mystical/mental powers.

... and near indestructibility! :eek: Sound like uber Super Villain territory there! :devil:

Priceless!! I was obsessed with that song as a little kid. My younger brother didn't believe it existed for years, then he did some research and got me the Best of Boney M. Amazingly, there are other songs on the CD. :sick:

He He. The Bruce Lee clips remind me of my time overseas in the military and I took lessons in the martial arts. In Okinawa, I tried the nunchuka's and even though I used softer (like rubber) ones for practice, I busted my own face and head many times. The actual wooden ones hurt real bad. Of course, the "great equalizer", a .9mm would do a lot better. Bruce Lee rules though. One of the funniest things in my memory is in 1973 or early 74, at Camp Hansen Okinawa, going to the base movie theater and seeing a Bruce Lee movie (I don't remember if it was "Enter the Dragon", but it probably was) and after the show, there were over a hundred Marines just itching to kick, spin and chop each other. I learned then that movies or similar events can influence a crowd into a frenzy. We acted crazy for no apparent reason and some got serious knee injuries. The base commander banned any more kung fu type movies after that.

As for boney m, I had never seen them before. Very entertaining. I might have to see more of their work.

Still pick Elvis as the person with the most power/s over people. Funny how there isn't any females on the above list. Only one that comes to mind is Ginger Rogers. She did everything that Fred Astair did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. (it's called a joke folks).

Bruce Lee. It's physical prowess I need. IQ's already off the charts ;)

"It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory..."

I know and have trained with several people who knew Bruce... friends and training partners. By everyone's account, aside from being insanely fast, his greatest ability was to predict what was going to happen next... sometimes 2 or 3 steps ahead. One time Dan Inosanto told a story about eating with Bruce. Bruce would watch people from across the restaurant and things like, "That guy's going to pick up his fork with his left hand." Two seconds later it would happen. "That woman is going to wipe her mouth with her napkin using her right hand then take a drink." Two seconds later it would happen. Dan said it was really eerie.

Larry Hartsell once told me that while sparring with Bruce he would sometimes stop you from making mistakes before you made them. He would look at you and say, "You're about to throw a punch with your right then follow with an inside trap", or something of the like. Sometimes you wouldn't even be thinking about it and he would walk thourgh the scenario with you... sure enough, that's exactly how you were going to react.

I remember reading an old M&F mag about Bruce Lee's amazing strength to weight ratio.

Van Johnson (the Green hornet) was telling a story about how Bruce Lee was able to hold a 90lbs barbell at 90 degrees straight out for 1minute.

Count Dante, the Deadliest Man Alive

:roflmao:

You know you were as impressed with him as I was, Spoon. With his symmetrical 'fro imposing fu manchu style mustache and menacing scowl. I'm almost wetting my pants just thinking about how tough he was!

Wow. Never heard of Tony Jaa and he is very impressive. Of course, just like the WWF, that video you have linked is highly choreographed. No doubt he could kick some butt though. But, Bruce Lee could have beat him.
The only reason i linked to that vid was for the b-ball kick. Do not underestimate his fighting skills. I would probably pick Bruce to win too but Lee(at his peek)vs Jaa would be an absolutely epic fight.

Jaa seems superhuman just for his sheer acrobatic skills and command over his own body. He has said that when he was young and growing up in an impoverished area, when he would see a martial arts movie he knew nothing of the wires used. He thought it was all real. He worked very hard to learn to do the same things, only minus the wires.

:o they use wires?

If you believe in that sort of thing, people who claim to be psychic. Silvia Brown is one of the more famous ones.

Also, there are people who claim to be able to communicate with the dead. The one guy who freaks me out is a local guy named "Walt". A local radio station has him on every Halloween and he does readings for people who call in. They never give out his last name because he doesn't want to be hounded by people and he doesn't charge anyone. It could be a hoax, but to hear the show every year it seems legit. I think if it were fake, there's too many people involved and it would've leaked by now.

The Barsky's Show in Philadelphia is the radio show.