• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 classic Fawcett covers, plus Exciting Comics #4!

57 posts in this topic

I'm building a war chest to make a big purchase and don't want to sell my Actions or my Nedors, so the Fawcetts have to go. These are all great covers, and my asking price is exactly what I paid for them, so it's highly unlikely that I'll be discounting any of these prices. Shipping will be $8, insurance optional but highly recommended. If they don't sell here, I'll be moving them to my site or CL in the next few days.

Enjoy!

CMA #5 SOLD!

captainmarvel5.jpg

CMA #8 $550 SOLD!

captainmarvel8.jpg

CMA #17 SOLD!

You can't tell from the scan, but the CGC holder on this book is pretty scuffed up.

captainmarvel17.jpg

Master # 25 6.0 - 6.5 $500

master25.jpg

Master #45 8.0 $475

master45.jpg

Whiz #7 $827

whiz7.jpg

Whiz #13 $500

whiz13.jpg

Whiz #22 SOLD!

whiz22.jpg

Whiz #24 $500

whiz24.jpg

Whiz #26 $475 ON HOLD

whiz26.jpg

I was just PMing with someone about that book. I love how he's destroyed every plane in his path, and how his hands reach out, shaped like claws, to destroy everything in front of him with his bare hands. That cover came out just a few months after Pearl Harbor, and I can't imagine any Golden Age war cover that displays more unbridled rage over what happened that day.

I'm building a war chest to make a big purchase and don't want to sell my Actions

:pullhair:

:gossip: There was a raw 8.0 Action #63 in San Diego. Beautiful book. One dealer bought it from another for his personal collection. I told the new owner that if he'd let it go, I was very interested. Came back the next day and reiterated my interest. Later that afternoon, someone offered him $1800, and he took it! I was very disappointed, as I'd made it very clear that I wanted the book. Guess next time I'll know to throw a dollar amount out there. :frustrated:

I was just PMing with someone about that book. I love how he's destroyed every plane in his path, and how his hands reach out, shaped like claws, to destroy everything in front of him with his bare hands. That cover came out just a few months after Pearl Harbor, and I can't imagine any Golden Age war cover that displays more unbridled rage over what happened that day.

I also like the cover blurb "A Real Scene From This Issue!" I guess even this early on, kids had a (quite reasonable) cynicism about whether the cool GA cover had anything to do with the stuff thrown inside!

I wanted that book so bad but have spent a lot lately. Man I would have loved to pick that book up.

R.