• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 on Metro!!!

28 posts in this topic

Awesome. Lord knows no one wants to see the book and maybe generate a little bit more excitement about a great sale for Metro.

I mean, keeping old sales around really kills places like Heritage and ComicLink. Oh wait, it doesn't hurt them at all... In fact it allows people like me to easily give them free coverage and links :)

Case in point:

http://comics.drunkenfist.com/all-time-record-comic-book-sales/

See any Metro books on there? No? Neither do I. Do I know whether they've ever cracked the $200,000 barrier? Nope. And unless I get a tip or something like this happens and we just happen to find out that a book sells I'll never know.

seems to me there is a pretty good list of clients that would be interested in that book long before it would hit metro's site... maybe they sold it, and then posted on site to acknowledge the sale, but then removed if the new owner didn't want it up there (shrug)

I do know that metro reports sales to GPA, so if it appears on there, that is one way to confirm the sale (for rob) ...

That's true. It slipped my mind that they report sales to GPA. They're selective though, aren't they? I wonder what their criteria is.

In general, I get frustrated with metro when it comes to researching the things I'm interested in. No "greater than" price search and no way to track new books entered into their inventory make it pretty tough to pull out the interesting books they have and I'd pay a dollar to see metro's equivalent to http://comics.ha.com/common/auction/halloffame.php or the "record breaking sales" column on the front page of comiclink.

I don't think the sale would appear on GPA because it was not a CGC certified book.

I never saw it, but that would make sense...if it was raw, then GPA would not record it...