• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Hi Ladies,

Can we have the Walking Dead Magazine removed from the Complete w Variants set? If anything, this should have it's own registry set.

While we're at it, can we discuss the removal of the Playboy from the registry set as well? If we're not having the Liberty Annual's added then there's no reason for the Playboy to be included in the set list.

Disagree on the Playboy, it contains an original Michonne story, even before the Michonne Special. That is why DHurley, and myself, asked for it to be added in the first place, last year ;)

As for the Walking Dead Magazines, I agree that those should be listed in it's own set, and should not be in the variant set. 2c

While we're at it, Gemma could you please add the following books to the Walking Dead variant set:

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 #nn (regular and the two variants)

It contains an original Governor story, which would be later released in the WD Governor Special #1. It's comparable to the Image Holiday Special 2005, which is a part of the set.

This is the variant set. It was created for those who want to collect any and all Walking Dead graded material. If you wish to limit entries then I would suggest collecting the core set.

This was originally created with collectors in mind and is a no holds Walking Dead catch all. Nothing should be removed and any comic or magazine with Walking Dead material should be allowed. It was created when the new collectors joined in and the original set owners wanted to maintain the integrity of the core set. 2c

I would hope you'd allow any Walking Dead material to be added to the set Gemma. :foryou:

I disagree. If it's supposed to be a catch all then that should require an additional set. Otherwise we'd see garbage like Argentinian, Peruvian, etc... releases of the books, FCBD Germany 20XX, and all the other obscure WD related nonsense.

If others out there believe that there should be a catch all then I'm not opposed, but we shouldn't be adding things like the WD magazine to the Variant Set for the WD comic series.

That's just my 2c

Gemma,

Can you please add the following to Batman (2011)?

Batman 17 WonderCon Edition

Batman 19

Batman 19 (variant)

Batman 19 (sketch)

And Morning Glories 24 and 25 to the Morning Glories set

Thank you

My apologies. Not a catch all to include foreign editions. They have always had their own sets. You're welcome to disagree but this was discussed at length. If you wish to create a third set with your logic then make the suggestion and your case to Gemma. This is WD with variants. The magazines fall within those parameters.

I'm not opposed to additions, so long as they include comic material that adds to the comic storyline. For instance the Playboy, which contained the Michonne back story, CBLDF Annual 2012, Governor back story, etc.

With the WD Magazine being an ongoing release, I'd prefer to see that in it's own set, and not in the variant set. 2c

With that said, please remove the WD magazine from the variant set and create another WD set, just for the magazines.

Does the magazine have any WD story?
Comic related? I haven't seen any as I've flipped through them.

+1, I've never noticed anything exclusive added to the mag, comic wise. It's more or less a behind the scenes, what's coming up read.

With that being said, should an exclusive back story be printed in WD Magazine at some point, I would have no qualms with it being added to the variant set. I'd prefer for the variant set to still be pertinent to the story, i.e. back story, capes #1, agents #6, CBLDF 2012 for the governor story, etc.. I'd hate to see it become something where items are added simply because there is one piece of new art by Adlard, or simply WD related.

I think we can agree that the CBLDF Annual 2012 and the two variants should be added to the Walking Dead variant set. Being that it's the first release of the Governor back story, even before The Governor Special #1.

I still stand strongly against the WD magazine being in the variant set, and should be removed. It should be it's own set 2c

All the reason to discuss. :)

Have any "Virgin" variants of the Liberty Annual been graded as well? Because we would need those included in the set too. ;)

I'm assuming this is the cover with the girl on the pink scooter, then yes they have. The Gabriel Ba' (regular print), Terry Dodson (Virgin variant), and the Giarusso (Spawn #1 cover swap) have all been graded.

The CBLDF Annual 2012 addition I'm requesting for the Walking Dead variant set, pertains to these particular books :)

All the reason to discuss. :)

Have any "Virgin" variants of the Liberty Annual been graded as well? Because we would need those included in the set too. ;)

I'm assuming this is the cover with the girl on the pink scooter, then yes they have. The Gabriel Ba' (regular print), Terry Dodson (Virgin variant), and the Giarusso (Spawn #1 cover swap) have all been graded.

The CBLDF Annual 2012 addition I'm requesting for the Walking Dead variant set, pertains to these particular books :)

I thought there were 5 covers for this years Liberty Annual.

PB010017_1024x1024.jpg

I was not aware of the other two at the bottom. By the looks of it, one is the NYCC exclusive and the other plain cover must be the "virgin" variant hm

Well if any of the other two are graded, then yes, all five versions should be added (thumbs u

Hi Gemma,

Could you please expand the "Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson" set. I have #62 and #63 but the set currently only goes to 54 on the registry.

Also, could you please do the same for "Simpsons Comics" set. Currently the registry has it stopped at #168 and I have #178 I would like to add. Simpsons Comics have recently gone past the 200 issue mark.

Thank you!

Also, could you please adjust the score to the "Itchy & Scratchy" set. The Itchy & Scratchy Comics Holiday Special #1 currently shows a score of 0 next to it. It is correctly scored in the ''One Shot Wonders" registry set but doesn't have a score in the Itchy & Scratchy set.

Thank you!!!

Todd

Hi Gemma, Nicole:

Please add GFT regular cover #79 #80 #81 #82 #83

for Set: Grimm Fairy Tales (Complete with Variants)

and Set: Grimm Fairy Tales

Please add Grimm Fairy Tales Myths & Legends 10 Variant Cover

for Set Type: Mike Debalfo Cover Set

thanks

And given the idea that it does not contain any of the WD story I'd also agree. If for some reason they do publish some of the WD story in the WD magazine then that specific issue would be included in the set similar to the Playboy.