• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Thank You's...

23 posts in this topic

Man...

what a show...

Wanted to drop a note to thank a bunch of people who really worked hard to help all customers and witnesses out over the weekend...

Kris Moore: I finally got my Joe Mad! sketch after 10 years of waiting on Joe, and on a Fallen Son cover! :cloud9:

Peter Dixon: Helped me out a ton with JG Jones and Quesada, payback coming soon!

Chandler & Sharon: Thanks guys for helping out with lines lol, (they had a squad there!) and always asking if you could take books for other people!

Joel Elad: Never enough time to hang out, a total class act who was even cool enough to help me get a Transformer for my son (who is currently playing with it as I type this!)

Kevin Boyd: You can use the bathroom now Kev...

Brett: A witness who is not on the boards, but was a big help with getting Jim Lee and helping out with Joe Hill!!

inthehottub: A really cool guy who made it possible for me to get a Gerard Way, Gabriel Ba and Dave Stewart Umbrella Academy done!! Thanks Glen!

catch21: I went and witnessed at the Goon booth for a sweet book he wanted to get done and got asked by the guys there if I could hang out for about 30 minutes and witness the Goon Sketchbooks getting signed for SS. Eric and the guys were cool enough to give me another AP edition and Eric sketched Goon and Frankie on it for me. I even got to hold the Eisner awards!

Oh man...I forgot Chris and Tiz!!!! Huge help over the weekend especially with Ray Stevenson and Simone Bianchi! Was really great seeing you guys...Magic 8 Ball says...

and of course CGC, they were cool enough to have a seperate booth for Signature Series and let us do our thing!!!

If I forgot anyone I apologize, to say this weekend was a whirlwind is an understatement...

See you all soon...

Thank you Jon.

You were a big help this past weekend, as were many of ther SS Witnesses who attended this year. Chandler and Sharon & their crew were very helpful with the signings at Marvel and DC. Kudos to Brett and his crew for their last minute assistance in getting the remaining Jim Lee books done. Kris, Peter, Ryan, Joel, Chris & Tiz... all were helpful in some form or another! Thanks also to Joe P., Bill, Ali and Bradley who were available to walk over with clients to Witness signatures.

Unfortunately I was, once again, at the booth for the majority of the time at the show, so I rely on the cooperation of our attending Witnesses to complete the job at hand as well as the help of the two Witnesses we had working directly for us --- Jon and Kris Moore. Since we had our own separate booth this year - between the regular CGC booth and the Hero Initiative we had a chance to work as a more cohesive unit. I think some bugs still need to be worked out there, but it definitely worked better and we will probably do it more often at shows. Having our own booth meant that basically I was there by myself most of the time, so I had to take my washroom breaks when Jon, Sharon or Peter were there.

Overall we must have handled over 700 SS requests through the booth alone this past weekend, not including Kris, Jon and my own items or the submissions from the other Witnesses.

A very successful show, although the disappointments of missed signatures for customers does weigh on me a bit. Silvestri, Willingham, Chaykin, Jenkins, some Brubakers & Fractions, Jay Anacleto... not many really, but still disappointing, as they were there --- just not when we went looking for them.

Most popular requests? At the booth the most popular guests for SS requests (20 or more books per) were Geoff Johns, Robert Kirkman, Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez, Jim Lee, Jeph Loeb, Joe Quesada, Ed Brubaker.

To answer Rick's question that was asked and then deleted:

All of the Len Wein books submitted to us at the booth were signed but one (a Batman 400).

If you gave them to a specific witness, you will have to check with them directly about their success rates.

All of the Len Wein books submitted to us at the booth were signed but one (a Batman 400).

If you gave them to a specific witness, you will have to check with them directly about their success rates.

thanks kev, i wasnt sure if this was the right place to ask :)

i was mainly just wondering if he showed up

You'll be happy to learn that JG Jones returned on Sunday after all and signed at the DC booth, so your Final Crisis 1 and 2 are now double-signed.

That is awesome!! :banana: You know I was very happy with just Grant Morrison. Thank you very much.

Where did Len Wein perform this signing exactly? Just curious. I was unable to attend SDCC....but your hard work is greatly appreciated!

-Issa