• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heading Back to School...Last Summer Purchase & Metropolis Collectibles

9 posts in this topic

Tales From the Crypt #20 Gaines File Copy w/ certificate at NM+/ NM/M with white pages. Just wanted to say Thank You once again to Vincent, Frank, and Steve at Metropolis Collectibles for selling me this one of a kind treasure. This is one of my all time favorite comic books. I love the cover and Carolina blues. You will NEVER EVER see this book switch hands again. I’m hanging on to this book FOREVER, and I mean FOREVER. I’m taking it to the GRAVE, literally. Metropolis Collectibles has more vintage comics than anyone. More than any auction house or dealer. Just look at the books Vincent and Steve have sold over the years. Peter’s Action #1 6.5, Eric Roberts’ Amazing Fantasy #15 9.6, CoolJ’s Edgar Church More Fun #65 9.4, the Double Action #2 which eventually ended in Ben’s hands, plus their sale of hundreds of Batman #1’s and much, much more. As an avid collector of EC’s they are atop my favorites list in my internet browser. NO ONE has arsenal of high end comics like they do. NO ONE. If you look at books on auction sites almost all of them have at one time or another gone through Vincent and Steve’s hands. I’ve never been to their gallery in New York, but I imagine it’s like sitting next to God in heaven. These guys are the real deal and are professional and courteous. I have the utmost respect for them. I trust them more than anyone else out there and can’t see myself spending this kind of money with anyone better. Thanks guys.

Andrew

TalesfromtheCrypt20001.jpg

Andrew-

Thank you so very much for the kind words. It has been great working with you on your collection and I look forward to helping you continue to build your collection. And of course, when you do come to NYC you will have to drop by for a visit.

Thanks,

Vincent