• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic storage, preservation, et al. articles by Tracey Heft

11 posts in this topic

There's been a bit of increased chatter here about preservation, so I thought it would be nice to post the following links. I believe they are simply reprinted from the first few issues of CBM, so if you've read them already you can just move along! insane.gif

Bag, Board, and Box #1

Bag, Board, and Box #2

Bag, Board, and Box #3

Bag, Board, and Box #4

Bag, Board, and Box #5

Bag, Board, and Box #6

Bag, Board, and Box #7

Bag, Board, and Box #8

Alan

Good reads, Pedigree, and though the articles are now 10+ years old, I would expect 95% of the info in them to still apply! Thanks for posting these!

The ones available online are very good. There are several more on his website that I've purchased that are also excellent. Tracey really knows his stuff and gets into some technical aspects of paper construction, preservation, and restoration -- but he is also able to present it in a plain-English, readable style.

I just recieved a bunch of comics all in mylars, no boards. The mylar bags are all sticky, i can peel the books apart easily, but should i put them into new bags with boards ? even if i just use the poly bags ?

Any advice would be apprieciated smile.gif thanks !

I just recieved a bunch of comics all in mylars, no boards. The mylar bags are all sticky, i can peel the books apart easily, but should i put them into new bags with boards ? even if i just use the poly bags ?

Buy Halfbacks or Fullbacks (you can get them from comicsupply.com) and use those with the mylars. Polybags and regular back boards are not good for long term storage.

Buy Halfbacks or Fullbacks (you can get them from comicsupply.com) and use those with the mylars. Polybags and regular back boards are not good for long term storage.

FFB, you CS shill poke2.gif

I love Fullbacks! The extra weight they give the book and the extra protection i "think" they give are well worth the extra money.

Thanks guys, thats what im gonna do smile.gif

Although i just tried to sign up for an account at comicsupply.com and when asked for my address, i can only choose a State, i live in Canada, will they ship to Canada ?