• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any keys from 2000 and up? this decade? NONE?

138 posts in this topic

Hi, since are there any keys here on the copper board was interesting, what about Are there any keys from 2000 and up? this decade? I think this might be the low watermark in comics. I can`t find one key. variants are not included.

oh wonder why DC is bringing back Archie superheroes and Milestone. As no new major superheroes have been created by Marvel or DC this decade.

I just ran through my want list really fast and found these: 30 Days of Night #1, Deadpool 54 & 55, Batman :Man Who Laughs, Captain America 14, Fables #1, Grimm Fairy Tales #1, Kick- #1 ( It is heading in that direction), Incredible Hulk 92, Locke & Key 1 and 2. These are just the ones that most people know about. I would almost bet there are way more keys in the 00s then in the 90s and probably the 80s. People really underestimate all the good, new series. It isn't all about Marvel and DC anymore.

Batman :Man Who Laughs

Why is that a key?

What makes a key a key?

huh? I was asking a specific question. Why did you include it on your list? I read it, but I don't know why it would be considered a key issue now. It's been a couple of years since I paid attention to the modern back issue market (although I still read a ton of stuff) so I missed any developments surrounding the book in that time.

Why is that a key?

What makes a key a key?

huh? I was asking a specific question. Why did you include it on your list? I read it, but I don't know why it would be considered a key issue now. It's been a couple of years since I paid attention to the modern back issue market (although I still read a ton of stuff) so I missed any developments surrounding the book in that time.

I was asking a general question. I know the 1st print sells from $30-$50. I would assume that makes it a key.

Why is that a key?

I am thinking along the lines Amazing Spiderman 129.Incredible Hulk 181, New Mutants 98. I am much more interested in just Marvel and DC keys from 2000 and up.Introduction of new character, not really interested in Batman breaks back kinda key.

Why is that a key?

I am thinking along the lines Amazing Spiderman 129.Incredible Hulk 181, New Mutants 98. I am much more interested in just Marvel and DC keys from 2000 and up.Introduction of new character, not really interested in Batman breaks back kinda key.

check back in 10 years and we'll let you know.

Why is that a key?

That's a pretty narrow definition of "key"

Why is that a key?

I never thought I would see NM 98 with those other two books.

Dan

Why is that a key?

What makes a key a key?

I was asking a general question. I know the 1st print sells from $30-$50. I would assume that makes it a key.

I always thought that there had to be a major event to make a book a key. The introduction/death of a character, first work by a specific creator on a character they became known for working on (DD #158 comes to mind), first issue of a wildly popular title, a classic book (Watchmen) or something similar.

A price spike is generally temporary and more related to supply and demand than a book being a key.

At least in my opinion....... (shrug)

Why is that a key?

That's a pretty narrow definition of "key"

Yeah, that's saying, "I want first appearances of major characters only". "Key" is a bit more than that.

Why is that a key?

I never thought I would see NM 98 with those other two books.

Dan

lol

"Major Keys like ASM 129, Hulk 181, and Not Brand Ecch #5"

My opinion based on the books presented so far

These are keys:

NYX #3

Walking Dead #1

Mouse Guard #1 (I wavered quite a bit here)

30 Days of Night #1

Ultimate Spider-Man 1

Amazing Spider-Man v2 #36

These are NOT keys:

Invincible #1

Y the Last Man #1

Deadpool 54 & 55

Captain America 14

Fables #1

Grimm Fairy Tales #1

Kick-*spoon* #1